The Bars Thread

maggsmaggs

Well, Purdue has probably the worst bar scene in the big ten, probably the midwest, but Broad Ripple, which is Butler University bars basically, its pretty damn impressive. I was in downtown Chicago last weekend and I had a pretty good time on Rush street.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
SHIPPS what was that 1st bar you took me too the night we went out drinking (with all of the girls getting absolutely trashed on St. Patty's Day W/K, that was quite good)?

Mahoneys....theeeeeeennnnnnn everywhere in Chicago to where I dont even remember with all that Patron in my system.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 07:48 PM)
Mahoneys....theeeeeeennnnnnn everywhere in Chicago to where I dont even remember with all that Patron in my system.

Your friend Izzy was gonna get us into some fancy club / bar somewhere but that didn't happen.

All I remember is it going downhill from there. :crying

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:02 PM)
God I have had some bad nights at Pippens. Good bar, just rough nights.

WestEnd is actually having a crazy promo today. If you show up before the All star game tonight, and you have to chose the AL or NL. If your team wins and you stay to the end of the game, they pick up your tab.

WTF

WestEnd is actually having a crazy promo today. If you show up before the All star game tonight, and you have to chose the AL or NL. If your team wins and you stay to the end of the game, they pick up your tab.

Wow, crazy. Without meeting them, I know I like the owners. I'd hedge my bets, get with a group and run two tabs. Start drinking hard on the winning tab and hope some come from behind non sense doesn't happen.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 03:02 PM)

That seems like easy free drinks. The NL doesn't remember how to win an All Star Game.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Wow, crazy. Without meeting them, I know I like the owners. I'd hedge my bets, get with a group and run two tabs. Start drinking hard on the winning tab and hope some come from behind non sense doesn't happen.

Listen, the owners of those bars are some of the best in the city if not the best at turning a profit. Every bar they open earns a ton of money, most of it by not giving away anything for free. There has to be some catch.

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)
Or State (depending on what he means by across the street), although I have never been in there and do not know if it a "collegey" place. I despise college bars

Not too "collegey". Not a horrible time. I met a luvabull there one night.

I really have to look into that f***ing promo. I wonder if the winning team can get a free Cookie sundae in the skillet? That is over the top good there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
Do you ever venture to richards on grand/halsted?

No I havent but that is the place that looks like the Italian flag, right?

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Well, Purdue has probably the worst bar scene in the big ten, probably the midwest, but Broad Ripple, which is Butler University bars basically, its pretty damn impressive. I was in downtown Chicago last weekend and I had a pretty good time on Rush street.

I always have a good time at Harry's especially during the breakfast club when the girls wear towels to the bar.

Edited by docsox24

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
I really have to look into that f***ing promo. I wonder if the winning team can get a free Cookie sundae in the skillet? That is over the top good there.

No I havent but that is the place that looks like the Italian flag, right?

Yeah, behind Emmitts. Richards is a classic dive bar, nothing but old s*** on the juke and you can carry out booze. I'd suggest it one night.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
not for you man, there are only 20 yr olds, no cougars

Yeah, but last time I was there, they were dressed in maid costumes...

And btw, I am an equal opportunity dater...I consider all ages...the older ones are just much more no-nonsense...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 05:09 PM)
Yeah, but last time I was there, they were dressed in maid costumes...

And btw, I am an equal opportunity dater...I consider all ages...the older ones are just much more no-nonsense...

you got that right

i went last year for the illinois game and met a girl in a towel. we even exchanged numbers and i tried to convince my fiance that we were meeting her up later for drinks to discuss the girl's career choices.

that didnt get me very far

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
you got that right

i went last year for the illinois game and met a girl in a towel. we even exchanged numbers and i tried to convince my fiance that we were meeting her up later for drinks to discuss the girl's career choices.

that didnt get me very far

Maybe you could hire her as your law clerk...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Maybe you could hire her as your law clerk...

Trust me we discussed that. I tried all the angles but the fiancé wasn't buying it. Course she didn't want me to find u in Vegas either.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
Trust me we discussed that. I tried all the angles but the fiancé wasn't buying it. Course she didn't want me to find u in Vegas either.

Ahh, see...perhaps you should have devoted some pro bono time to this young lady...then you could have invoked attorney-client privilege....

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 13, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Where is Harry's at?

Purdue. For football games they have a tradition called breakfast club where everyone is in costume and gets to the bars at 7 am. Early in the season is great cause the girls wear very little