7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota

Heads22

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
The 3-hole hitter does get a guaranteed 1st inning PA, but often it's with 2 outs and nobody on.

But more importantly, I'm really excited that real baseball's back.

Very true...but if that's the case your 4 hitter is leading off an inning at least once a game, and I don't think that's what you want either.

And yes, I'm just happy to have White Sox baseball back!!! :gosox3:

QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
The 3-hole hitter does get a guaranteed 1st inning PA, but often it's with 2 outs and nobody on.

But more importantly, I'm really excited that real baseball's back.

So according to this logic, it is more important to save your 2 best hitters for the 2nd third of the lineup so in case you do go down 1-2-3 in the first, you can open up the 2nd inning with your best hitter followed by your second best? That makes no sense.

And even if the 3 hole hitter goes up to bat with 2 outs in the first, at least he has a decent chance of getting on base for the 4th hole hitter.

QUOTE (S_R_N83 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:09 AM)
Pierre -- LF

Vizquel -- 3B

Rios -- CF

Konerko -- 1B

Quentin -- RF

Kotsay -- DH

AJ -- C

Ramirez -- SS

Beckham -- 3B

Danks -- P

Me no likey no viceido :(

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
Actually, we'd be best off with Vizquel at 2B and Viciedo at 3B, but Ozzie would rather play Beckham in hopes that he remembers how to hit, regardless of who gives us the best chance at winning.

Beckham has been hitting the ball lately. I would rather have Beckham and Omar playing defense and Viciedo in as the DH and Kotsay waiting to pinch hit.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
Actually, we'd be best off with Vizquel at 2B and Viciedo at 3B, but Ozzie would rather play Beckham in hopes that he remembers how to hit, regardless of who gives us the best chance at winning.

You seem very angry tonight. You ok?