7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota

Heads22

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Probably anticipating this could be a loooongg 4 game series for their pen.

Fair point, but we just saw the guaranteed runs the Sox were given by Burnett being in so long and he didn't get anyone out so it didn't save the bullpen. I understand the logic, but when the guy looks that bad you can't leave him in.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
Fair point, but we just saw the guaranteed runs the Sox were given by Burnett being in so long and he didn't get anyone out so it didn't save the bullpen. I understand the logic, but when the guy looks that bad you can't leave him in.

He wasn't making it out of the 4th if not for a bad AB by Rios.

I disagree. Mauer only got Pierre by half a step and has one of the most accurate arms for a catcher plus has great agility.

Most catchers dont make that play.

Hes Juan Pierre, you dont give up outs with real hitters, but its Juan Pierre. This is what he is on the team to do. I just have no faith that he wouldnt have popped up to 2nd, so Id rather he did something productive.

If Juan starts to prove me wrong and gets his ba over .300 then Id say dont take the bat out of his hands, but Im not holding my breath.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)

Yeah, I agree with you, but that is the only possible justification.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
If he would have dropped the ball as Stone indicated earlier would it have just been a ball?

I don't think so. His foot got stuck in the dirt so the resulting jerky hesitation would have been a balk even if he released the ball perfectly.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
From CSN Facebook...

"After a near-scrap w A.J. tonight, CSNChicago.com's Brett Ballantini says Jim Thome might not be

looking at the White Sox

as fondly as he did 3 hours earlier..."

Huh? What did AJ get in to it about with Thome?

The hell?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:03 PM)
From CSN Facebook...

"After a near-scrap w A.J. tonight, CSNChicago.com's Brett Ballantini says Jim Thome might not be

looking at the White Sox

as fondly as he did 3 hours earlier..."

Huh? What did AJ get in to it about with Thome?

After AJ popped out in the AB in the 3rd, he slammed his bat down, broke it in two, and chucked a broken piece into the Twins dugout fence. Thome took exception and tossed it back.

Edited by Sockin

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:07 PM)
After AJ popped out in the AB in the 3rd, he slammed his bat down, broke it in two, and chucked a broken piece into the Twins dugout fence. Thome took exception and tossed it back.

Good for Jimmy.

AJ is a spoiled little brat.