7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota

Heads22

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kubel, Cuddyer and Mauer all struggling this season have offset the dominance of Young and Morneau.

Not surprisingly, Hudson and Hardy have been hurt and have also struggled as of late...and Punto's just not an everyday player.

That and the starting pitching and shaky middle relief has killed the Twins.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
So now you leave Thornton in to get through the 8th, or at least through Thome, then bring Bobby in?

Back him up with Santos. You at least him pitch to Thome.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 02:55 AM)
So now you leave Thornton in to get through the 8th, or at least through Thome, then bring Bobby in?

I'd give Thornton the 8th, and get Santos up in the pen. I'd rather go shopping for breast pumps than see Jenks try to go two innings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:54 PM)
Thornton with the gas. How'd we get our 8 runs? Who's the hero offensively?

Hmmm pretty much an all around team effort tonite, but this has been the MO of late, winning in all kinds of ways

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
I'd give Thornton the 8th, and get Santos up in the pen. I'd rather go shopping for breast pumps than see Jenks try to go two innings.

Hmm...I'll go with her if need be...:)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)

At least Carlos Gomez is no longer on the Twins for Hawk to over-praise and to beat the Sox at home.

Rumor that Teahen is going to the outfield again so Vizquel/Viciedo can stay at 3B and I suppose Quentin would get a lot of AB's at DH, taking them mostly away from Andruw Jones?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
Hawk " If you weren't around for the 2nd inning, a dropped ball cost the sox 6 runs."

And of course if you weren't there for the 2nd inning you may have heard about this at least 30 times since from our announcer.

Should Rios have caught that ball?