Sun-Times: Ted Lilly to Sox?

LVSoxFan

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Ted Lilly is one of those guys that tells you the disparity between the AL and NL.

In all his seasons with the Cubs, he's given up nearly 50% fly balls, more than he was giving up in the AL. Yet, his HR/FB has DROPPED since moving to the NL. Call it the wind blowing in or whatever, but it just shows that the NL hitters suck.

Actually Ted Lily is NOT one of those guys that tells you the disparity between the AL and NL, nor is it "wind" ... it's Wrigley Field. Funny how ppl still hang on to this notion it's a great hitters' (or worse, yet- home run hitters') ballpark.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
People probably remember him from the near no-hitter, but he's been pretty bad this season. His velocity is down

Bingo. I need to see more solid starts from the guy THIS year not historically. I'd probably feel the same if I were the Mutts.

Good point, Balta, but I'd hate to see the Sox make another trade where they deal 4 guys for one like the Peavy deal.

I think the Sox are screwed. At this point of year, teams like the Royals would gladly ship us a guy like DeJesus for 4 prospects. It's not worth it to get beat in the first round of the playoffs if we make it that far.

Our only "hope" would be to acquire a guy like gulp, Jose Guillen, who the Royals would give us for one minor league stiff.

Guys like that, who are not really wanted by their teams and are making way too much money. Guillen would be a rental and a bad one at that, he's just the example I'm using.

If we want Dunn or Oswalt, we would have to give up so much it'd be sickening to think about.