AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 15, 2010 -> 10:10 PM)
I'll bet that the Twins' players who've been around a few years are thinking that the '10 Sox are reminiscent of their own team in '06 - bad in April and May, got it going big-time in interleague, and then never let off the gas.

Except that year, the Twins completely dominated the second half.....passing the Sox and the Tigers the final weekend.

To me, the main difference is they had two legitimate "aces" in Santana and Liriano.

With Peavy down, we have two "2's" (assuming Floyd keeps it up) and a 2/3 in Buehrle.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
Welcome aboard!

Thanks Shack, been around lurking for a long while...but thanx anyways...I wanted to replay to a funny post earlier but was at work and couldn't log on so waited til I got home...But the "Soxtalk.com = we have moodswings" made me LMAO!

plus the awesomeness of Carls art! :notworthy

QUOTE (KITTYKATSWING @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
Thanks Shack, been around lurking for a long while...but thanx anyways...I wanted to replay to a funny post earlier but was at work and couldn't log on so waited til I got home...But the "Soxtalk.com = we have moodswings" made me LMAO!

plus the awesomeness of Carls art! :notworthy

QUOTE (chicagostatecougars @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:36 AM)
We are on fire. Keep it coming boys

Welcome both of you.

Gotta love winning games where we don't play that well.

At the bars tonight, Your Love came on. It made me feel good again.

This team is seeming special. 26 out of 31? Ridiculous!

Keep it going tomorrow.

Dont stop.

WLWWWWLWWWWWWWWWWWLLWLWLWWWWWWWWW

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 12:43 AM)
Gotta love winning games where we don't play that well.

At the bars tonight, Your Love came on. It made me feel good again.

This team is seeming special. 26 out of 31? Ridiculous!

Keep it going tomorrow.

Dont stop.

WLWWWWLWWWWWWWWWWWLLWLWLWWWWWWWWW

Gordon needs to start rocking that again.

Beckham seems to be back.

Those runs should have been unearned for Danks. How could that missed catch be called a hit? Other than that one inning, Danks was sharp!

Jenks did his job...and then some. It's good to see him using the hook more.

Nine in a row! Let's at least split this series.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 07:08 AM)
Those runs should have been unearned for Danks. How could that missed catch be called a hit? Other than that one inning, Danks was sharp!

Bah, as far as both guys had to go, it's hard to give an error there, that was a difficult catch for either of them. It should have been made though.

Guillen called for four hit-and-runs — and all of them worked.

• The White Sox produced three sacrifice flies in the first two innings.

• Gordon Beckham(notes) hit a home run at Target (no easy task) and has been heating up since Guillen almost, but didn't quite, banish him.

• Guillen stuck with left-hander John Danks(notes) through a maddening six-run second inning for the Twins, and he got them to the seventh.

• Guillen switched relievers at the right moments; Bobby Jenks(notes) struck out Orlando Hudson(notes) with the bases loaded in the eighth and got Jim Thome(notes) looking in the ninth.

And so, for the ninth straight game, and for the 26th time in 31 games, the White Sox won.

Via the Chicago Tribune:

"(This) was a big win because they wanted to come out and send a message. We wanted to keep doing what we're doing," said A.J. Pierzynski(notes), whose RBI double in the fifth gave the Sox the lead for good at 7-6.

www.yahoo.com/sports (Duk, Big League Stew)

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 09:28 AM)
I don't see anything in the Trib or MLB.com articles about it, and missed the 2nd inning. What happened in the outfield that Hawk was going on and on about, that resulted in the big inning for the Twins? Who screwed up, and what happened?

Quentin misplayed a routine fly ball, Rios went over there to cover for him and dropped it (I like how Chris Rongey wanted to blame Rios for that play...). Had that been caught, Danks probably has a 1-2-3. You know how Hawk is about this kind of stuff...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
I don't see anything in the Trib or MLB.com articles about it, and missed the 2nd inning. What happened in the outfield that Hawk was going on and on about, that resulted in the big inning for the Twins? Who screwed up, and what happened?

As always, there's a description at Soxnet.net.