Texas Republicans: Missionary or Else

Quin

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 08:00 AM)
People who don't live in NY seem way more sensitive about issues concerning 9/11 than people who live in the city actually are.

People who don't live in Arizona seem way more sensitive about issues concerning their safety and border security than the people who live in the state actually are.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 02:57 PM)
People who don't live in Arizona seem way more sensitive about issues concerning their safety and border security than the people who live in the state actually are.

Considering that Sherriff Arpaio's county has seen a dramatic surge in violent crime since he took over while every other area in Arizona has seen plummeting crime and the defenders of the bill keep having to invent completely false crime statistics to make their case, I'm not sure the people favoring that bill are that concerned with Arizona's safety either.

why are you bothering to argue with someone who wrote:

But no, they willcry foul as usual, while building a 'monument' to their biggest strike against the Great Satan to date.

he removed himself from serious debate when he wrote that.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Wow I didn't see that. So Alpha, you think the muslim building is being put 2 blocks from the WTC as a celebration and remembrance of how proud they are of 9/11? :huh:

Ask a few questions. What is the signifigance of the name they chose for that mega-mosque? Is there a history of Muslims building mosques overlooking or near holy sites of conquered counties throughout thier history? Where is the 100 million+ funding coming from? Adding insult to injury, do they really need to plan for the opening day to be on 9/11/2011? I don't have time to get you links right now, I am limited in what i can access here at work. But the mosque is names after one of the largest built in Spain after the Muslims conquered them way back when, they are not saying where the money is comign from, yes, they have a history of doing just what I said and the opening day selected is just plain insulting. I believe the built the al Aqsa Mosque right on TOP of the Temple Mount just to spite Judaism It would be like the Japanese opening up a Japanese Cultural Appreciation Center within eyesight of the Arizona in Pearl Harbor a year or so after the war ended.

The $100 million comes from zakat, the obligation Muslims have to donate a percentage of their income. That money goes to mosques and charitable foundations and what have you. Sometimes it goes to fund jihad though and this is really hard to track or figure out where exactly the line is being crossed which is why it's so hard to stop terrorist financing (greatly simplified version but you get the picture).

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Ask a few questions. What is the signifigance of the name they chose for that mega-mosque? Is there a history of Muslims building mosques overlooking or near holy sites of conquered counties throughout thier history? Where is the 100 million+ funding coming from? Adding insult to injury, do they really need to plan for the opening day to be on 9/11/2011? I don't have time to get you links right now, I am limited in what i can access here at work. But the mosque is names after one of the largest built in Spain after the Muslims conquered them way back when, they are not saying where the money is comign from, yes, they have a history of doing just what I said and the opening day selected is just plain insulting. I believe the built the al Aqsa Mosque right on TOP of the Temple Mount just to spite Judaism It would be like the Japanese opening up a Japanese Cultural Appreciation Center within eyesight of the Arizona in Pearl Harbor a year or so after the war ended.

Is there any source for the 9/11/2011 opening date?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
The $100 million comes from zakat, the obligation Muslims have to donate a percentage of their income. That money goes to mosques and charitable foundations and what have you. Sometimes it goes to fund jihad though and this is really hard to track or figure out where exactly the line is being crossed which is why it's so hard to stop terrorist financing (greatly simplified version but you get the picture).

Looks like the Dutch helping pay for it as well, even though they didn't know it.

http://www.nisnews.nl/public/210710_2.htm

And I know what you mean about tracking it, etc. The Muslim American Society is the Muslim Brotherhood and so on.