Sox at Twinkies July 17th, 610 start-WGN

shipps

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:06 AM)
No, getting nailed on the hand in game 1 of this series and probably swinging a bat with a bruised hand did that.

Bad hand didn't cause him to swing at two pitches that were 2 feet off the plate, unless he was trying to get the bat thru the zone faster.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Way to go Konerko!! And Vance, Pavano is good because he has the best command of any pitcher we've faced this year.

Where was this for the past every year of his career?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Bad hand didn't cause him to swing at two pitches that were 2 feet off the plate, unless he was trying to get the bat thru the zone faster.

Frankly, he's probably totally off on his timing because of that hand, as active as his stance is.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Are you kidding? Konerko killed that ball and it wound up barely in the first row.

I didn't think he got that one at all. AJP hit a routine fly ball that was 10 feet from the LF warning track earlier, and Valencia/Kubel hit the wall. We didn't see a single ball go to the warning track yesterday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
Frankly, he's probably totally off on his timing because of that hand, as active as his stance is.

Yep, just don't want to see him develop any bad habits or start doubting himself.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Yep, just don't want to see him develop any bad habits or start doubting himself.

He's probably telling everyone he feels ok because that's what you're supposed to do, but what happened to Ozzie's old "you take yourself out of the lineup 1 day, and you sit the next day" rule? He'll probably prove me wrong by killing a ball later, but I don't think that a bruise like I'm sure he had after that HBP heals in 24 hours.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
Haha, excellent point. Well, the 5th inning took like 6 minutes.

The Rays/Yankees game started at 4:00 here. I left to go do some brief shopping, got home about 5:45. It was the top of the 4th inning of that game when I got home.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:21 AM)
The Rays/Yankees game started at 4:00 here. I left to go do some brief shopping, got home about 5:45. It was the top of the 4th inning of that game when I got home.

That game ended like 15 minutes ago.