Promote Morel for better defense

macsandz

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
This is silly. Vicideo is going to Charlotte when Teahen gets back anyways, and Morel might not even be in the org after July 31st. Neither one is a finished product.

I wouldn't be quite so sure that Vicideo goes to Charlotte when Teahan returns....it may be Lillibridge.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
Kenny should grow a huge pair of balls and trade Konerko and Teahen at the deadline a good OF.

Nothing says we're making a push for the playoffs like trading one of the two faces of your franchise.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
I wouldn't be quite so sure that Vicideo goes to Charlotte when Teahan returns....it may be Lillibridge.

Not sure if Lilly's going anywhere, but I'd be pretty surprised if Viciedo goes back down. It seems more likely to me that Teahen moves to DH and either Kotsay or Jones goes.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)
Not sure if Lilly's going anywhere, but I'd be pretty surprised if Viciedo goes back down. It seems more likely to me that Teahen moves to DH and either Kotsay or Jones goes.

Mark Kotsay isn't going anywhere, I'm not sure how much it needs to be repeated. Aside from being loved in the clubhouse, outside of April he has been average at worst.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 06:07 PM)

My gut tells me Andruw, though I think Kotsay would be best (not a defensive replacement, slow, and Teahen is left handed)

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)
My gut tells me Andruw, though I think Kotsay would be best (not a defensive replacement, slow, and Teahen is left handed)

Jones won't be going anywhere either. They believe he's been too important in keeping Rios comfortable this year.

QUOTE (Ranger @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Jones won't be going anywhere either. They believe he's been too important in keeping Rios comfortable this year.

I love Jones as a backup OF. Horrible BA, but he'll hit the occasional jack and is still very good defensively.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Lillibridge hitting well.

Viciedo will go down for August and can be back up in September. Viciedo already isn't making all of the starts over Vizquel. He won't over Vizquel and Teahen. Lillibridge is more useful as a bench player. Viciedo will start every day in AAA.

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 17, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
This is silly. Vicideo is going to Charlotte when Teahen gets back anyways, and Morel might not even be in the org after July 31st. Neither one is a finished product.

You are probably right. However, Teahan is not much better defensively IMO