7/17 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 05:41 AM)
Decent start for Petricka.....

5 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 6 K

In 23 IP so far, he has 28 K and 4 BB. Very nice peripherals.

Great peripherals. I want to see him pushed to Kannapolis.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
Yes, for a college pitcher I hope that he is pushed up soon unless he is on some type of innings count to finish off of his first pro summer.

possible that he's in Bristol to get some confidence going, otherwise I can't really see any reason to start a college pitcher with high 90's heat at the lowest level. That type of gas should blow people away in Bristol, I'm sure he needs work on his secondary stuff but he could have done that at G-F and experienced a bit more of a challenge at the same time.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 12:35 PM)
possible that he's in Bristol to get some confidence going, otherwise I can't really see any reason to start a college pitcher with high 90's heat at the lowest level. That type of gas should blow people away in Bristol, I'm sure he needs work on his secondary stuff but he could have done that at G-F and experienced a bit more of a challenge at the same time.

There could be mechanical work going on there too.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)

All the guys that I've spoken to that have played on both the G-F and Bristols teams, agree that G-F isn't any more challenging than Bristol ball. Chase and Ryan Buch were actually just discussing this exact topic a couple of weeks ago. Buch brought it up and was saying that he was actually being knocked around more at Bristol than he ever was in G-F.