White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Twins are crushing the cookies today, and our hitters unfortunately aren't. Someone's going to have to get a big hit today for us to get back into this game.

At least for now, we're not that far back, and we've gotten enough cookies that you have to think we're going to get into one here soon.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Does CQ always swing at everything like Dayan? I don't get to see all the games.

I think it's a symptom of him not being 100%. He starts his swing earlier to compensate and can't hold up as easy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
He takes that pitch instead of serving it into right field and Alex is out by a mile.

hard to believe this team is in first place; their offensive execution continues to be extremely poor; twins looked like they were on the last legs and the Sox let them back into race

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:13 PM)
Against this pitcher though, a hit and run would have been a decent idea.

It worked so well on Thursday, but we've gotten away from it for the most part. Kotsay with just a pathetic approach there. Ugh KW, get us another bat!

QUOTE (mcgrad70 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
hard to believe this team is in first place; their offensive execution continues to be extremely poor; twins looked like they were on the last legs and the Sox let them back into race

Viciedo's botched DP has definitely ignited the Twins. They're having great at bats.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Against this pitcher though, a hit and run would have been a decent idea.

yeah, but not on 0-2. Gardenhire ain't stupid, he knows there's a stolen base threat on first base, of course you are going to waste a fastball high or outside on 0-2.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
We need some XBH ability outside of the 3-4-5

Absolutely, but we're already hearing excuses for why Jones/Kotsay are going to stay on the roster. I'm definitely of the opinion that it's time to move Beckham back into the 2nd spot.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Absolutely, but we're already hearing excuses for why Jones/Kotsay are going to stay on the roster.

Outside of that part in the order it really feels like we need 3 singles to plate a run

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Yep, I'm surprised Quentin didn't blow out his knee on that stride.

Yeah, that was ugly. Injuries have really slowed him down because he should have made that easily in the past.

And Hawk, STFU, its not the umpires who are leaving runners on base for us.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:16 PM)
Outside of that part in the order it really feels like we need 3 singles to plate a run

I hate that when Pierre and Vizquel come up to bat with a runner on 2nd, you think they need another 2 hits to score a run.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:04 PM)
We've seen this before. I thought after winning game one we had their soul.

Me too, but it looks like it'.s more of the same, being the Twins b****es again...I'll be very surprised if we win today, I fully expect to lose and I'll gladly eat crow but it ain't happening.