White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
Absolutely, but we're already hearing excuses for why Jones/Kotsay are going to stay on the roster. I'm definitely of the opinion that it's time to move Beckham back into the 2nd spot.

If Kenny's going to go for a big bat and trade our favorite minor leaguers he might as well do it sooner rather than later. Ease the sting and give the bat some time to get acclimated.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Absolutely, but we're already hearing excuses for why Jones/Kotsay are going to stay on the roster. I'm definitely of the opinion that it's time to move Beckham back into the 2nd spot.

I actually really want Lance Berkman because I think he'd be a great fit for this team, but the problem is we need a RF now, and I doubt Berkman can play RF anymore.

Also, Quentin needs to stop shaving.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
I actually really want Lance Berkman because I think he'd be a great fit for this team, but the problem is we need a RF now, and I doubt Berkman can play RF anymore.

Also, Quentin needs to stop shaving.

Berkman told the media today he's not even close to 100% healthy. He's damaged goods right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
Good pitch to Young. Good pitch.

Exactly he's mad the umps won't give them the full allotment time for commercials and telling the viewers the umps are screwing them.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:21 PM)
I don't know, I thought I heard him complaining about the umps again.

You did. He's complaining that the umps aren't giving the required time between innings so WGN keeps missing the first pitch of each inning. He said the same thing yesterday.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
You did. He's complaining that the umps aren't giving the required time between innings so WGN keeps missing the first pitch of each inning. He said the same thing yesterday.

Okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. Hawk has a legit complaint then.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:23 PM)
Okay, thanks for clarifying that for me. Hawk has a legit complaint then.

Well...as slow as the first 2 games of this series were going with the 17 dozen visits by Mauer to the pitcher, I'm not sure I'm mad about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
I think I'd still take him ahead of Kotsay/Jones.

Oh, who wouldn't? But the thing is, we already got someone who is a huge injury risk in Quentin. We would definitely have to get someone in here who we could rely on.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
How come we can't abuse their total hack of a pitcher and they are hitting our No. 5?

They have a great approch against Garcia, who is leaving far too many pitches up in the zone. As for the offense, Blackburn has get burned by the long ball this season, but outside of our 3-4-5, we don't have enough powerful hitters in this gigantic stadium.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Well...as slow as the first 2 games of this series were going with the 17 dozen visits by Mauer to the pitcher, I'm not sure I'm mad about it.

I understand and I think commercials are the bigger problem, but still, its no fun to tune in and see that somehow someone got on. It ruins the flow for people following at home.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:25 PM)
They have a great approch against Garcia, who is leaving far too many pitches up in the zone. As for the offense, Blackburn has get burned by the long ball this season, but outside of our 3-4-5, we don't have enough powerful hitters in this gigantic stadium.

Yeah, that makes sense.

If Castro wanted to go to with the pitch, that first pitch was meaty.