White Sox at Twins 7-18 game thread 1:05 first pitch

Even Omar getting into the pull baseball approach. I wonder if Ozzie will shake up the lineup if this goes on another few games? Need to get some offense starting the next few days, as we'll be facing Hernandez on Wed.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
It's obvious the break came at a bad time for us. We did great in Game One, since then it's been the s***s.

The big difference so far is the "one bad inning" that 3 of our starters have had.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
The big difference so far is the "one bad inning" that 3 of our starters have had.

True.

At some point we need to outlast these bums in a game. Even in Game One, we were gasping at the end but at least won.

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
... and the one missed big hit.

We've scored 8, 4, and 2 runs in the 3 games since we came back. I'll grant we needed a better approach against Pavano yesterday, but that's 14 runs in 3 games, which isn't bad for how this team is built.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
We've scored 8, 4, and 2 runs in the 3 games since we came back. I'll grant we needed a better approach against Pavano yesterday, but that's 14 runs in 3 games, which isn't bad for how this team is built.

Yeah but predictable the 4 and 2 resulted in losses.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)

...but not the big hit in either of the last two 9th innings.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Yeah but predictable the 4 and 2 resulted in losses.

This team was constructed such that if it can't win games where it scores 4 runs, it's not winning the division. This team needs the pitching to hold together and not give up strings of hits like they kept doing, even if the defense lets down.