Steve9347?

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...576&st=6990

That is what I believe has happened. BTW go to that same thread and go back about 20+ pages or so (during the FA frenzy) and that will explain the "RIP" thing on my sig. He still post on the talkbulls. (in fact he was posting there a couple days ago)

I don't see anything from Steve in that link. I didn't even know he was banned.

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I believe that Steve was suspended.

Im not a moderator, but Ive been on this board for a long time. Steve has always been a great poster and I would hope that administrators would take that into account when determining how long some one should be suspended. I do not think that punishment should be excessive for the sake of setting an example, because I believe that actually undermines authority. There must be some sort of rationale between the length of the punishment and the action that took place.

I think the board is better with Steve as a poster and I think that all of the other posters on this site are punished in his absence. I am hopeful that Steve is shown leniency.

I personally vouch for him as a poster.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Im not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I believe that Steve was suspended.

Im not a moderator, but Ive been on this board for a long time. Steve has always been a great poster and I would hope that administrators would take that into account when determining how long some one should be suspended. I do not think that punishment should be excessive for the sake of setting an example, because I believe that actually undermines authority. There must be some sort of rationale between the length of the punishment and the action that took place.

I think the board is better with Steve as a poster and I think that all of the other posters on this site are punished in his absence. I am hopeful that Steve is shown leniency.

I personally vouch for him as a poster.

Steve may come off as an ass sometimes, but he's a good poster.

But isn't he just suspended cause LeBron went to MIA?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:35 PM)
No.

We're not going to suspend someone for being wrong, even if they're not the nicest about it.

Eh, I remember you going "I'm going to suspend you if LeBron goes to MIA" "Well, it's good because if he does the words I will say would get me banned."

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 18, 2010 -> 07:59 PM)
A better way of asking that would be saying "which posts"

:lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 19, 2010 -> 07:59 AM)
Steve broke multiple site rules, including attacking other posters. He is serving a suspension for those actions. Nobody is ever going to be suspended for being wrong with a prediction, that's just ridiculous.

Sadly I had a feeling he would be suspended sooner rather than later.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say that overall the forum admins and moderators are pretty fair here...every time (aside from once) that I've been suspended, I've felt I deserved it...though the suspension lengths seem excessive for what I considered minor infractions. :P

I had to stop posting in the Filibuster, because I'd get suspended about once a month in there. :P

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 10:36 AM)
I have to say that overall the forum admins and moderators are pretty fair here...every time (aside from once) that I've been suspended, I've felt I deserved it...though the suspension lengths seem excessive for what I considered minor infractions. :P

I had to stop posting in the Filibuster, because I'd get suspended about once a month in there. :P

Hey, I thought you were still on suspension. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 6, 2010 -> 11:36 AM)

Dennis the Menace ftw