All this talk of Werth

Knackattack

Ok to be specific, he recieved a 4M signing bonus and is owed 1.25M this year and 1.25M next year and than receives 2.5M in 2012. After that he will be arb eligible for 3 seasons.

So basically we got him cheap for 2 more years after this and than 3 full years of arbitration.

And no need to ever check Cotts for Sox info, Kalapse's spreadsheet pinned on PHT is the best resource out there, imo.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
Ok to be specific, he recieved a 4M signing bonus and is owed 1.25M this year and 1.25M next year and than receives 2.5M in 2012. After that he will be arb eligible for 3 seasons.

So basically we got him cheap for 2 more years after this and than 3 full years of arbitration.

And no need to ever check Cotts for Sox info, Kalapse's spreadsheet pinned on PHT is the best resource out there, imo.

Is this season even going to count as a full year of service time? If I'm not mistaken, I think we should have him under team control for another six years after this season.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 03:26 PM)
So what happens in that pre-arb year? Can we give him any contract we see fit?

We can give him a maximum pay reduction of 20% of his 2012 salary so we'd have to pay him at the very least $2M that year but I believe we are under no real obligation to pay him any more than that (like any other pre-arb player). If he's a good major league player by that time I'm sure they'd give him a little more than they absolutely must.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
We can give him a maximum pay reduction of 20% of his 2012 salary so we'd have to pay him at the very least $2M that year but I believe we are under no real obligation to pay him any more than that (like any other pre-arb player). If he's a good major league player by that time I'm sure they'd give him a little more than they absolutely must.

Or...if he's a legit major leaguer by then...that's time to work on an extension.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)

I never knew that...thanks for the info!