Got a new car, but still no title

SouthsideDon48

Hey everyone, I'm getting annoyed with waiting for the title of my car to come in the mail that I'm starting to get worried.

See, I got a used 2001 Toyota Camry from the Planet Toyota dealership in Matteson on July 1st. The manager told me the title would be mailed to me, and it's now July 21st and I still haven't gotten the title. Is this normal?

I have a bunch of reciepts and a "power of attorney" paper or something, but no title. Was I supposed to mail something in order to get the title?

I'm thinking of going to the dealership tomorrow to talk to a manager about it.

It's frustrating because I still can't drive the new car yet, I'm still driving the old car because of an insurance thing I gotta clear up with an accident with the old car. But when I sell my old car, I'll be transferring the title of the new car to a relative so I can have cheaper insurance. But I can't do that without a title!

Edited by SouthsideDon48

One thing to remember, if you don't get it, call the dealer and make sure they filed the paperwork. You'd be amazed at what dealers forget. This is especially true if you trade in a vehicle that you still owe money on, you need to follow-up to make sure its been paid off.