Remembering Past Deadlines

hi8is

I thought it would be fun for us to collectively come up with a history of our past trade deadlines.

:)

not just the actual deadline day but also the last couple of weeks in July.

My favorite move was Jose contreras in 2004 :)

I really liked last year's.

I was sitting there all pissed at Kenny not even budging when the Tigers got Jarrod Washburn (who was then pretty good).

Then Jon Heyman tweets something along the lines of "Peavy to the White Sox, I'm not kidding".

Oh that next hour was full of joy...

2009- I remember coming home from Bourbonnais last year and my brother called and told me about Jake Peavy. I didn't even believe him. Man was i pumped up!

2008- The Ken Griffey JR deal was a lot of fun! (paid off in the Blackout game)

2005- Geoff Blum's arrival completed 'Group 4'

2004- Freddy Garcia, Carl Everett and Jose Contreras were outstanding pickups by KW! (although not all 3 were at the deadline)

2003- Roberto Alomar and Carl Everett on the same day!

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
2009- I remember coming home from Bourbonnais last year and my brother called and told me about Jake Peavy. I didn't even believe him. Man was i pumped up!

2008- The Ken Griffey JR deal was a lot of fun! (paid off in the Blackout game)

2005- Geoff Blum's arrival completed 'Group 4'

2004- Freddy Garcia, Carl Everett and Jose Contreras were outstanding pickups by KW! (although not all 3 were at the deadline)

I loved the Peavy deal at the time but boy would I like to take it back, although I suppose it is too soon to say that.

Griffey Jr is my favorite player and I was thrilled even though he really didn't contribute much.

03 and 04 were fun years.

Although any sort of move in general gets me excited.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

The Colon trade the first time was an absolute steal for the Sox when it happened.

"The Chicago White Sox acquired starter Bartolo Colon in a three-way deal with the Expos and Yankees on Wednesday.

The White Sox sent reliever Antonio Osuna and minor league pitcher Delaris Lantigua to the Yankees for right-hander Orlando Hernandez.

Chicago then dealt Hernandez, pitcher Rocky Biddle, outfielder-first baseman Jeff Liefer and cash to the Expos for Colon and minor league infielder Jorge Nunez."

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 21, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)

I remember this one very clearly. I got the news on my way to the Red Line after a game at the Cell. There was so much excitement among the fans that night. I even remember watching their first game with the Sox at a bar/restaurant in Evanston, anxious to see their first at bats. It felt like the signaling of a whole new era in White Sox baseball.

Sometimes I still wish that team had come through down the stretch. Darn Paniagua!!