Alberto Callaspo to the Angels

TomPickle

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
I assume this is the end of the Brandon Wood era? Man that dude is garbage.

AAAA player extraordinaire. It's amazing how he was playing like Evan Longoria down there, but can't even hit .200 in the majors.

What this really means is that we'll get to see more Chris Getz. Ned Yost said "Getzy is BIG in my plans", whatever that means.

As far as the trade, I'm not excited or disappointed really. Pitching is definitely this teams (Royals) weakness, and Callaspo butchered 2nd last year and hit well, but has been solid or better at 3rd this year, but hasn't been hitting as much.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 07:06 PM)
I don't like Butler at all. He's a doubles machine and sports a nice OBP. But he's got pathetic overall pop for a player his size/position.

He plays in Kansas City and hit 21 home runs last year. I'll take that.

I don't like Butler at all. He's a doubles machine and sports a nice OBP. But he's got pathetic overall pop for a player his size/position.

Are you kidding? Sure, he's not quite Albert Pujols yet, but he's going to be an absolutely outstanding hitter for like the next 15 years. I'm not sure if he's even 24 yet...

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
What this really means is that we'll get to see more Chris Getz. Ned Yost said "Getzy is BIG in my plans", whatever that means.

I honestly thought it would finally open the 3B spot up for Gordon. Ah well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)
Are you kidding? Sure, he's not quite Albert Pujols yet, but he's going to be an absolutely outstanding hitter for like the next 15 years. I'm not sure if he's even 24 yet...

He's not Cabrera, Howard, Fielder, Morneau, Tex, Konerko, Youk, Votto, Dunn or AGon, either. I'm not saying he's a scrub. But he's got one more HR than Angel Pagan. He's 6'2, 240 pounds and he's got James Loney power at the premier power position. I won't even get into his defense.

Edited by Jordan4life

I don't like Butler at all. He's a doubles machine and sports a nice OBP. But he's got pathetic overall pop for a player his size/position. I won't even get into his defense.

Home runs are down, sure, and so are his strikeouts. Hits, doubles, AVG, OBP, SLG, and OPS are up. What's really weird, is the drop off between his home and road splits, I don't understand that one at all. Defensively, he's no Gold Glover. He has improved drastically though, definitely average at worst at this point.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 10:06 PM)

Most scouts and "people in the know" agree with you, completely.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
I honestly thought it would finally open the 3B spot up for Gordon. Ah well.

Alex Gordon has been playing outfield ever since he was sent down, with Moustakas on the way, I'd say he's going to be out there indefinitely.

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
Home runs are down, sure, and so are his strikeouts. Hits, doubles, AVG, OBP, SLG, and OPS are up. What's really weird, is the drop off between his home and road splits, I don't understand that one at all. Defensively, he's no Gold Glover. He has improved drastically though, definitely average at worst at this point.

His OPS is .849. It was .853 last year. So it's not up. It's basically the same. He's got 27 doubles as of right now. He had 51 last year. He'd have to go doubles crazy from this point on to top that, though I'm sure he'll get close. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad player. But his power relative to other players at his position is severely lacking. He's 15th in SLG% amongst all qualified 1B. And a .153 ISO is beyond pathetic.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 02:44 AM)
His OPS is .849. It was .853 last year. So it's not up. It's basically the same. He's got 27 doubles as of right now. He had 51 last year. He'd have to go doubles crazy from this point on to top that, though I'm sure he'll get close. Like I said, I'm not saying he's a bad player. But his power relative to other players at his position is severely lacking. He's 15th in SLG% amongst all qualified 1B. And a .153 ISO is beyond pathetic.

The other issue on that list is that he's also blocking other guys, like NSS's favorite Kila and in the future, Hosmer.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
The other issue on that list is that he's also blocking other guys, like NSS's favorite Kila and in the future, Hosmer.

It's widely believed Hosmer will be moved to the OF. And Butler isn't blocking Kila, Jose Guillen is. Kila isn't much better (if any) with the glove...

Also, Ned Yost said Betemit will be the 3rd basemen here on out (assuming he isn't traded)...

Edited by High Mileage

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
It's widely believed Hosmer will be moved to the OF. And Butler isn't blocking Kila, Jose Guillen is. Kila isn't much better (if any) with the glove...

Also, Ned Yost said Betemit will be the 3rd basemen here on out (assuming he isn't traded)...

:huh:

Some people's logic...