7/23 Games

danman31

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 08:06 PM)
So are Morel and Flowers about to be traded since they aren't playing? Interesting our 2 best prospects on that team aren't in the lineup.

I would bet more on the fact that Flowers only plays like every other day anyway for some reason, and Morel tore his labrum 2 days ago....

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:19 AM)
1 perfect inning for Sale with 1 K.

:headbang

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Jon Gilmore with a solid 5/6 day, but had an error. It is listed as his 28th error. 28!! Can that be for real?

He makes mark Teahen look like Omar Vizquel.

Speaking of which, maybe Omar should have a clinic in the offseason for Gilmore.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Where is Jordan Danks? Is he injured?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 11:18 PM)
Danks has a hip injury

And I think he's on the DL now, they added Kyle Shelton from W-S to the roster.

QUOTE (TomPickle @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
If he could play SS he would be. That sub .100 ISO is pretty sad.

He's still young though, so maybe some power will come.

Look at his slugging percentage from last year to this year. It's a marked increase and based on his numbers from past seasons I would say that he's still very much a work in progress so there is potential for him to improve. Next season will be the litmus test for him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 23, 2010 -> 10:22 PM)
Jon Gilmore with a solid 5/6 day, but had an error. It is listed as his 28th error. 28!! Can that be for real?

Yes, it's for real, the man is a butcher, I hope that playing 3B he has a good arm so he can be moved to the outfield if he doesn't improve his D in the next season.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:29 AM)
Look at his slugging percentage from last year to this year. It's a marked increase and based on his numbers from past seasons I would say that he's still very much a work in progress so there is potential for him to improve. Next season will be the litmus test for him.

His SLG has risen because his BA has risen, not because his power has increased. When looking strictly at power, ISO is a far better indicator than SLG, and Gilmore's ISO is only very slightly better than last year.

I like Gilmore alittle more than some.. but I think people are gonna be even more disappointed if/when he moves up to that Barons ballpark with his under-developing (so far) power, unless he still wants to continue to hit .330+.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:10 AM)
I like Gilmore alittle more than some.. but I think people are gonna be even more disappointed if/when he moves up to that Barons ballpark with his under-developing (so far) power, unless he still wants to continue to hit .330+.

Given he's not actually a power hitter, the big park will help with his BABIP, not that it needs any.

Shirek calming down a bit, looked OK but not great. Hopefully he finds a groove again, because when he was rolling, he looked like he was headed for AAA.

Serafin not adjusting well to High A so far.

As for Gilmore, hard to read a whole lot in to # of errors, but that is a big number. His lack of power worries me less than others, because he hits for high average and its a lot easier to AVG into SLG than the other way around.