7/24 GT: Sox @ A's - 3:10 CDT - FOX

knightni

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
My ears hurt

Grace and Rose are just terrible. They really don't have much of an idea what the hell they're talking about. Grace thinks Hudson's dominated his last two starts. No he hasn't...

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Agreed. And it begs the question. Who did you want to come in? Threets I guess?

I wanted Pena in...I just want to see him pitch a little better, and the biggest knock on him is that he hangs too many sliders despite his good fastball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:26 PM)
I wanted Pena in...I just want to see him pitch a little better, and the biggest knock on him is that he hangs too many sliders despite his good fastball.

This year, and for pena's career, his slider has been far and away his best pitch. As good as his slider was last season... his fastball was equally as terrible. His change is also significantly better than his fastball.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:31 PM)
This year, and for pena's career, his slider has been far and away his best pitch. As good as his slider was last season... his fastball was equally as terrible. His change is also significantly better than his fastball.

That's exactly what I'm saying though. Everyone thinks that Pena doesn't trust his 95-96 mph fastball enough, and never developed it as an out pitch. If he was able to use that more to set up hitters, he could then use his slider to put hitters away.

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
Agreed. People posting solely out of frustration. He came in and gave up a double, then got a ground out and strikeout. What do people want.

It's not frustration...it's a fact.

He comes in repeatedly and gives up runs that turn out to be the loss differential.

Sorry, if I confuse you people with facts.

Pena is not very good, PERIOD.

This game has sucked, but it's kind of dumb for the announcers to keep joking about how long it's taking to play.

Just another reason for people to turn this one off.

They aren't too excited bout this one. I guess Freddy put 'em to sleep and they can't wake up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 09:38 PM)
Just tuning in on Gameday. I take it Freddy had absolutely nothing today, right?

We're lucky A's didn't score 10 runs while he was in there. Pierre made a great play to save him 3 runs. The zone was very small, but he had absolutely nothing.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
This has been an extreemly slow game.

1.5 hours for 3 innings - at that rate a 9 inning game would take what...

4.5 hours.

That's nuts!!

Sounds like a Yankees/Red Sox game, but Rose and Grace wouldn't be complaining about the pace of their game.