Why doesn't Ozzie DH Viciedo?

jasonxctf

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
how much trade value could be lost in the next 7 days by having him DH rather than sit on the bench?

No kidding. I'd rather score some runs this week and increase our chances of winning some games.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
how much trade value could be lost in the next 7 days by having him DH rather than sit on the bench?

It can't be about trade value, the kid is 21 years old. A few bad weeks in the majors won't drastically change opinions about his potential.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
He's going to have more trade value as a DH rather than sitting on the bench every day.

Maybe they're protecting whatever value he has by using him against pitching where he matches up well, i'd wager his next start will either be at 1b/3b against a mediocre lefty or subpar righty, and it'll be in a series where we have already won the first two games

Edited by Real

I think it's a handful of reasons. Loyalty is a big one, he just loves "his guys". Some of it is just stubborness, he would be admitting a mistake. Then you got a little bit a being a puss mixed in, it's hard for him to look guys in their eyes when he has to disappoint them. The rest is just probably being a dumb fuc. JMHO

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 04:50 PM)
Viciedo will be back in the lineup tomorrow. They've just been goign with the hot hand for a bit. I'm not concerned about Viciedo.

Kotsay gets a hit as I type this!!!

Prior to today, kotsay was 1 for his last 19 with 1 BB.

That's the hot hand?

I'd hate to see the cold hand.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 24, 2010 -> 07:18 PM)
Does Steve Stone need to call out Ozzie for not starting Dayan?? It worked with Lou

Stone's even been defending Kotsay as hitting lots of balls hard.

I assume he's got to be talking about batting practice or something like that.

You may be right about the doghouse.

I'm thinking more than that, he simply loves Omar. He worships Omar's glove and Omar has had some hits as well.

He's just not going to DH him because he also worships Kotsay and Jones. I'd say Kotsay a bit more than Jones.

Edited by greg775