Taking a fan to their first game at the Cell . . .

Texsox

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
Yeah definitely get tickets in the lower deck. Center field deck is worth checking out as well as the Sox greats statues surrounding it.

Is the center field deck for private parties only? I walked up there a few times and was told to go away. There must have been private parties both days or some work function up there.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
Is the center field deck for private parties only? I walked up there a few times and was told to go away. There must have been private parties both days or some work function up there.

I don't know, I have walked up there with friends and watch the last few innings sitting there. We also found a cell phone, hah.

QUOTE (3E8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:15 AM)
Don't sit in the upper deck

Ist row UD between home and third with access to all areas. She's been to the Juicebox in Houston for an Astros game but this will be her first to the Cell.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
I heard they still have those great corned beef sandwiches there and beef sandwiches.

It was a tradition at the old Comiskey Park and somebody said the tradition has continued and they are delicious.

The Pizza wasn't very good when we were there, but a lot of the other options were excellent. I wound up having a gigantic beef brisket sammich.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Get club box seats.

The view's not the best but you get private bathroom areas, A/C, plasma TV, an optional buffet, and your own waitress and food menu at your seat.

Why does a person need a plasma TV and a waitress at a baseball game?

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 09:36 PM)
Take her to the Sox/A's game this Friday because I will be in town for it!!

:headbang

:headbang :headbang As a matter of fact it is mullet night and my cousin's band Hairbangers Ball is playing. I picked up some sweet tickets last night.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:32 PM)
Is the actual 05 trophy on display anywhere? I flat out couldn't find it.

You have to enter the cell behind home, via the office entrance. The trophy is on display there. Don't believe they let you enter there on game day.

Take her to the Sox/A's game this Friday because I will be in town for it!!

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 08:19 AM)
:headbang :headbang As a matter of fact it is mullet night and my cousin's band Hairbangers Ball is playing. I picked up some sweet tickets last night.

I'll be there for some Mullet action too...planning on checking out Hairbangers Ball as well. They any good?

Also, I'm taking 2 Sox fans who have never been, along with my girl. I plan to check out the new beer garden, head to the BP bar for some pregame, then educate them in centerfield (great suggestions in this thread).....then we're gonna strap it down (no matter what Darren Jackson says) and watch a White Sox winner and some post game Mullet style fireworks!! :headbang