Taking a fan to their first game at the Cell . . .

Texsox

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
The Upper Deck is just fine to watch a game, not sure why some people have a problem with it. The only downside to it is that unless you have season tickets you don't have access to the lower concourse and what not.

It's so steep/far away that my dad doesn't like sitting there; it hits the whole "Fear of heights" community.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)
The Upper Deck is just fine to watch a game, not sure why some people have a problem with it. The only downside to it is that unless you have season tickets you don't have access to the lower concourse and what not.

Exactly. For me, that is a HUGE downside to buying UD tickets. I just don't get it, the concourse has plently of space to allow for the UD fans to come down and walk around. It's not like they'd be spending the whole game down there, at some point you want to return to YOUR seat and watch the game....or else I'd hope you would.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)
The Pizza wasn't very good when we were there, but a lot of the other options were excellent. I wound up having a gigantic beef brisket sammich.

yea,the connies pizza there sucks. ....if you get a hotdog, get it from the venders on the concourses, theyre grilled. the ones they sell up and down the isles arent as good because theyre boiled

We should have taken the red line, we arrived a little late. The seats where fine, but it took a moment or two to get comfortable with the UD. We went down to the 100 level and visited with Steff for a few minutes. Friday we're in the 22nd row, so we are looking forward to that. We are planning on spending some time around the park before the game and taking the red line.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
We should have taken the red line, we arrived a little late. The seats where fine, but it took a moment or two to get comfortable with the UD. We went down to the 100 level and visited with Steff for a few minutes. Friday we're in the 22nd row, so we are looking forward to that. We are planning on spending some time around the park before the game and taking the red line.

115 ROW 8 on Friday...stay away rain!!!

The center field fan deck is open to everyone unless somebody's rented it for an event. It's okay--kinda far away though.

UD is fine if you're somewhat behind home plate and in the lower rows.

Whoever said the hot dogs from the carts on the concourse were better was spot-on; I never liked dogs at the Cell until these guys showed up.

That said, the best thing there is the POLISH. And don't go to a ballgame and eat pizza.

I agree, just walk around the concourse. Showing them the Bullpen Bar before the game is cool too.

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
The center field fan deck is open to everyone unless somebody's rented it for an event. It's okay--kinda far away though.

UD is fine if you're somewhat behind home plate and in the lower rows.

Whoever said the hot dogs from the carts on the concourse were better was spot-on; I never liked dogs at the Cell until these guys showed up.

That said, the best thing there is the POLISH. And don't go to a ballgame and eat pizza.

I agree, just walk around the concourse. Showing them the Bullpen Bar before the game is cool too.

^^^ All of this. I love the fact that if you grab crappy UD tix you can still show up 2 hours before first pitch and make a break for the picnic table in the BP bar. Some of the best seats in the house IMO due to the fact that you can grab the warning track dirt and usually conversate with some of the more down to earth players. IF you're not a total d#@$ that is :lolhitting

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 12:44 PM)

Agreed. Even the lack of access to the lower concourse doesn't bother me because I've been in every part of The Cell so many times that I know what and where everything is. Then again, I guess I'm a bad person to ask for this thread since I'm at The Cell anywhere from half a dozen to a dozen times during a typical season. For a newbie though, I'd probably suggest sitting downstairs. The one thing with the upper deck is make sure you're within the first 15 rows so as not to have any of the polls holding the roof of the UD up in your way.

I actually like sitting in the upper deck though if i'm anywhere between first base and third base directionally (or close to it) and within the first 10 rows or so, awesome view of the game. And indeed, as you seemed to figure out yesterday, take the train and then the red line if coming from the suburbs, or just the red line if in the city. Driving is a pain in the butt, even with the parking situation being good down there, because the traffic obviously blows.

Edited by whitesoxfan101