GT: White Sox @ A's 7/25, 3:05 CT, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
Did we win that? Previous last games of the series I remember there are Koch blowing a game, the 2005 Dye at SS game, and then last year's Ellis walkoff.

NM. I'm thinking the Angels. Another team that's owned us in their park. We actually got swept in our only visit to Oakland (Frank killed us).

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:09 PM)
And they don't want the risk of injury for throwing too many.

That might be Jenks's problem. I doubt it's Hudson's. I just think Hudson can't get it over the plate right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:07 PM)
This is such a great post...and it's the reason that I was so frustrated when people before the season were saying how easy it would be to upgrade the offense during the season if the DH-by-committee failed.

To be fair, you can't foresee the Peavy injury. That's screwed everything up.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
To be fair, you can't foresee the Peavy injury. That's screwed everything up.

True, but there question marks about the health of everyone in the starting rotation coming into ST. It was pretty obvious that one of them would go to the DL during the season. We're damn lucky it's only been one.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:12 PM)
True, but there question marks about the health of everyone in the starting rotation coming into ST. It was pretty obvious that one of them would go to the DL during the season. We're damn lucky it's only been one.

Which is why you had a 6th starter who was right where he belonged in AAA and who was deserving of a callup whenever a spot opened up. You just had to put yourself in a position where if he acted like a rookie pitcher and had some ups and downs you could hit your way through them. And you had to put yourself in a position where you didn't have a gaping hole that you'd need to fill by trading that pitcher.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
Which is why you had a 6th starter who was right where he belonged in AAA and who was deserving of a callup whenever a spot opened up. You just had to put yourself in a position where if he acted like a rookie pitcher and had some ups and downs you could hit your way through them. And you had to put yourself in a position where you didn't have a gaping hole that you'd need to fill by trading that pitcher.

Exactly, we totally agree on this.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
I gotta give Podesdnik credit. He's had a solid season. And I hate JP so much (and just as I say that he actually knocks in a run).

It amazes me how much of a free pass he gets. I think it has just been the fact that the offense has sucked so bad as a whole, Pierre doesn't really stick out like he would if this was a different year.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 05:17 PM)
It amazes me how much of a free pass he gets. I think it has just been the fact that the offense has sucked so bad as a whole, Pierre doesn't really stick out like he would if this was a different year.

I agree with you. But Juan's defense has been spectacular this year. That's obviously given him more of a pass. But I hated the trade from the start. Only Kalapse hated it more than I did.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 06:19 PM)
I agree with you. But Juan's defense has been spectacular this year. That's obviously given him more of a pass. But I hated the trade from the start. Only Kalapse hated it more than I did.

I tolerate Pierre because he plays a great LF. I despise nearly every other aspect of his game.