Mariners (Felix 7-6, 2.75) @ White Sox (Danksy 10-7, 3.37 ERA)

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Like with Mackowiak and Wise, Ozzie has put Kotsay in a position to fail.

Exactly. I have no problem with Kotsay on the roster. I think he can be a solid pinch-hitter and backup 1B behind Paulie. The way Ozzie throws him in the lineup everyday is awful and just makes him look that much worse and become more and more disliked by the day.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:51 PM)
Has Brent Lillibridge even touched a bat or glove these past two weeks? You can't somehow DH him or play him in right field to keep him somewhat warm? He was hitting the ball with some authority when he played. He gave you much more than Kotsay and Jones.

I can no longer back Ozzie. I'm sick of him. He's the one manager/coach in pro sports that's still employed because of one season.

I'd be all for Dayan as the regular DH since Oz worships (maybe rightly so) Omar.

But it's simply not going to happen because Oz worships Kotsay and to a mildly lesser extent, Jones as well. You guys have the right to complain about it, but I don't see the point since it's not happening as long as Oz is the manager. It's like complaining about the weather IMO.

I would think if and when Teahen returns then Dayan will be shipped down.

Unfortunately that scenario would culminate a baffling season for Dayan. Cup of coffee up here with not a lot of playing time, instead of playing regularly all the way through.

Our 1-2 punch of Juan and Omar doesn't thrill me, but it's been that way a while and we are in first place thanks in part to their defense.

My two cents. GO SOX.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
The Kotsay situation is reminding me of Dusty Baker and his non-stop love for Neifi Perez

Or the Darin Erstad situation.

Erstad and Kotsay are incredibly similar players. Both were once good at defense. Both played center and 1B later on in their careers. Both have a career OPS around .750. Both are grindy.

And Ozzie likes both.

Edited by chw42

It's be interesting to hear/read how many games Kotsay and Jones have been truly instrumental in us winning the game and how that compares to Thome last year.

I'm just curious more than anything ... and how many games Kotsay started and of those starts how many he could be credited as "contributing to the victory."

As well as how many losses his at bats proved to be him being the obvious goat.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
The Kotsay situation is reminding me of Dusty Baker and his non-stop love for Neifi Perez

That is who Ozzie is often compared to. (except he is much better at handling pitching staffs)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:04 PM)
It's be interesting to hear/read how many games Kotsay and Jones have been truly instrumental in us winning the game and how that compares to Thome last year.

I'm just curious more than anything ... and how many games Kotsay started and of those starts how many he could be credited as "contributing to the victory."

As well as how many losses his at bats proved to be him being the obvious goat.

All I have to say is that Kotsay has negatively contributed to the team on the field. I hear he's a good guy in the clubhouse, but I can't quantify that effect, I can only qualify it.

Thing is, Kotsay being on the team isn't the problem. Kotsay playing DH and batting 6th almost every day is.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:03 PM)
Or the Darin Erstad situation.

Erstad and Kotsay are incredibly similar players. Both were once good at defense. Both played center and 1B later on in their careers. Both have a career OPS around .750. Both are grindy.

And Ozzie likes both.

Thats funny. When we got him last year I compared him to Erstad and jokingly said we better not give him as many at bats as we did Erstad. Little did I know this would become true.

I want to hear Mel Gibson go on a rant about how much he hates Kotsay.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
Anybody else not have sound on WCIU?

it usually takes WCIU like 10 minutes to f*** something up with the broadcast, but this one they had from the get go