Nothing Brewing?

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE (Cali @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
This team, as constructed right now, as managed by Ozzie Guilen can't win this division. Trades, DFA's, Call-Ups....anything

LOL, the team in first place "can't win this division". OK. Look, I want to see a better bat for DH, it makes the team better, but its kind of hilarious to say that a first place team in late July "can't win" their division.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
LOL, the team in first place "can't win this division". OK. Look, I want to see a better bat for DH, it makes the team better, but its kind of hilarious to say that a first place team in late July "can't win" their division.

The current team in first can't win the division, we aren't good, someone should get fired if we only win the division by 1 or 2 games, who cares about winning the division, blah blah blah. Hilarious, ridiculous, annoying, whatever. We have obvious flaws, but we're winning and are in a good position. Some people can just never be happy about anything here.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

The same things (or arguments) were said and made in 2008.

Maybe we've all gotten a little bit spoiled, to the point where we "don't want to make the playoffs, if we don't have a team capable of winning it all..." and then we're making snap judgments that we don't have the team to win it all.

Clearly, in 2008, that team was probably not well set up to win on the turf, we were missing Quentin and some other key components like Crede, Contreras and Linebrink still wasn't the same, but ANYTHING can happen in the playoffs. Yes, about 50% of the time the Yankees or Red Sox will get there, but for every example like that, there's the DiamondBacks, Marlins, Cardinals in 2006, Rays, Rockies, Astros, etc.

I still think betting professionals would be picking the Twins over the White Sox at this point, but I don't quite understand why everyone's freaking out, we've gotten this far...and while I am not surprised Konerko is saying the same thing he said in 2006, 2008, 2009 and now this year, about not tinkering, making changes to the composition of the ballclub can have unintended consequences in the chemistry...KW will do what he thinks is best, and it's HIS choice, not Ozzie's.

Unless KW has less power than any GM in the game today except for Jerry DiPoto, he's not going to cut off his nose to spite his face if he doesn't believe the current roster make-up has what it takes to get to the finish line, just to prove a point to Ozzie that he was right and Guillen was wrong.

Edited by caulfield12