Garza throws no hitter

Heads22

LOL at Garza's phone conversation with his 8 year old son after the game... (His wife and kids were visiting relatives in California.)

"My son is the funniest kid ever,'' Garza said.

"When I threw against the Marlins, he told me, "Man, dad, you suck - one inning, seven runs. I could do that.'

I call him last night and I said, "Matthew, did you watch the game?" He's like yea.

I said, "Nine innings, no hits. Who sucks now?"

And he goes, "You're still not an All-Star."

"He's a chip off the old block. It was good though. He's a competitor, and that's the way I like it. He keeps you grounded. He's like, you're not the best yet. So don't start floating away yet. I think that was the coolest thing, because for me it's him getting into baseball and watching it.'

QUOTE (scenario @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
LOL at Garza's phone conversation with his 8 year old son after the game... (His wife and kids were visiting relatives in California.)

"My son is the funniest kid ever,'' Garza said.

"When I threw against the Marlins, he told me, "Man, dad, you suck - one inning, seven runs. I could do that.'

I call him last night and I said, "Matthew, did you watch the game?" He's like yea.

I said, "Nine innings, no hits. Who sucks now?"

And he goes, "You're still not an All-Star."

"He's a chip off the old block. It was good though. He's a competitor, and that's the way I like it. He keeps you grounded. He's like, you're not the best yet. So don't start floating away yet. I think that was the coolest thing, because for me it's him getting into baseball and watching it.'

That kid is cocky.