Mariners (Rowland-Smith 1-9, 6.27) @ White Sox (Floyd 5-8, 3.87)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
You haven't looked at the bottom of the NL Central recently have you?

I don't know. IMO, McCutchen, Alvarez, Jones > Ichiro, Guitierrez, Figgins, Lopez. Especially this season. It doesn't do much good to have a leadoff hitter like Ichiro when no one else can knock him in.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
I don't know. IMO, McCutchen, Alvarez, Jones > Ichiro, Guitierrez, Figgins, Lopez. Especially this season. It doesn't do much good to have a leadoff hitter like Ichiro when no one else can knock him in.

You know, you're right. The Mariners have actually scored fewer runs this year than the Pirates.

In the AL, that's an accomplishment.

Rowland-Smith really is as bad as his ERA suggests. He has a 1:1 BB/K ratio resulting in a 6.53 FIP. It's really hard to have an FIP around 6...

Edited by chw42

it is really crazy that Wakamatsu is batting Lopez cleanup with his .236/.268/.334 line. at this point you might as well say f*** it and put Ichiro there and give him as many opportunities possible to drive in runs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
it is really crazy that Wakamatsu is batting Lopez cleanup with his .236/.268/.334 line. at this point you might as well say f*** it and put Ichiro there and give him as many opportunities possible to drive in runs

Wakamatsu's not a smart guy.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)

Or how about your 23-year old left fielder who might be important to the future of your club?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:42 AM)
Or how about your 23-year old left fielder who might be important to the future of your club?

I looked at their lineup and saw their averages and RBIs, and my god is it sad. 2010 White Sox April-May sad.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
Gavin over his last 63 IP: 0 HR

With this Mariners offense, that should continue. But you never know with these things...

BTW, where's Russell Branyan?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)
With this Mariners offense, that should continue. But you never know with these things...

BTW, where's Russell Branyan?

Branyan has been dealing with a sore back, could return to the lineup tonight.