Mariners (Rowland-Smith 1-9, 6.27) @ White Sox (Floyd 5-8, 3.87)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't Ozzie just sit Pierre if he really needs rest? Quentin in RF while our second best fielder DHs makes me mad.

Life's too short to be mad over that kind of stuff. Don't worry. Be happy. Cmon Gavin!

QUOTE (clown baby @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)
bleh, i hate putting quentin in RF when you really dont have to.

It doesn't matter if he is sitting the bench for a game, he's become an injury risk for whatever he does now. Every time he slides into a base it looks like he sprained or pulled something and gets up really gingerly.

I have no officially gone to the conclusion that if Q gets injured, it won't be because he's playing the field, it'll be because he is just one of those guys who is injury prone.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 04:51 PM)
Franklin Gutierrez was scratched from Tuesday's lineup in order to attend to a family matter.

I hope for his and his family's sake that everything's alright, but that sounds like he could miss more than just tonight. I imagine its hard to attend to family matters from Chicago.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
It doesn't matter if he is sitting the bench for a game, he's become an injury risk for whatever he does now. Every time he slides into a base it looks like he sprained or pulled something and gets up really gingerly.

I have no officially gone to the conclusion that if Q gets injured, it won't be because he's playing the field, it'll be because he is just one of those guys who is injury prone.

Kalapse disagrees.

Hopefully Gavin actually gets run support this time. Sad to see him only with 5 wins when he really should not be at all.

There's a much better likelihood of him getting hurt when he's playing defense. Because you know, that requires a lot of running.

Injury-proneness is one thing when you look at Quentin, but the flip side is that his defense is flatout atrocious. The ankle and knee problems have made him even worse lately.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
There's a much better likelihood of him getting hurt when he's playing defense. Because you know, that requires a lot of running.

Injury-proneness is one thing when you look at Quentin, but the flip side is that his defense is flatout atrocious. The ankle and knee problems have made him even worse lately.

Quentin is going to get hurt no matter what he does it seems like. The whole point of DHing him now would to take his horrible glove out of the field.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
Heh, like that's at all possible anymore, this was the "prove it" season and he's failed miserably, he's hurting himself on every slide now.

Haha I know man.. just wanted to take alittle shot at ya for saying you don't buy into Q being injury prone "unless he tears an ACL or somethin" post.. ;) I told ya he was a walking glass. Wouldn't surprise me if he landed on the DL sneezing or something like other players have.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

Life's too short to be mad over that kind of stuff. Don't worry. Be happy. Cmon Gavin!

When your managed hinders your teams ability to win by doing something like this, i understand being mad. It's just a completely dumb move by ozzie.