Mariners (Vargas 6-5, 2.94) @ White Sox (Buehrle 9-8, 3.96)

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 07:55 PM)
The one Hawk call I've always liked was "You can put it on the board!" although I'm so-so on his "Yesssssss!" But then, he added the second yes, so it's:

"You can put it on the boarddddddddddddddd! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!

........yessssssssss!"

Like Mr. Kennedy or something.

Watch whatcha wish for! Paulie....you can put it on the board, Yeeeessssss! Yeeeeesssss!

Edited by Thad Bosley

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 08:57 PM)
You put another damn bat on this team and we carry this b**** to the playoffs.

I'm scared Kenny will be fooled into thinking we're a solid offense by watching us beat up on bad teams this week.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 09:58 PM)
I'm scared Kenny will be fooled into thinking we're a solid offense by watching us beat up on bad teams this week.

I think Ozzie will get fooled, but i'm confident that Kenny will make some kind of move. Maybe not as big as we're all hoping for, but he's going to improve this team.

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
paulie just missed that one

Sorry for the delay, but did anyone catch the incredibly funny comment by Moose after both he and Hawk acted like the last ball off Paulie's bat was a HR only to be caught by the left fielder? He basically called himself out for not being on top of the play and said something like "I pulled a Santo there". He said it so fast that I had to rewind the DVR twice to make sure I heard it right. Priceless.

Edited by Pants Rowland

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
Sorry for the delay, but did anyone catch the incredibly funny comment by Moose after both he and Hawk acted like the last ball off Paulie's bat was caught by the left fielder? He basically called himself out for not being on top of the play and said something like "I pulled a Santo there". He said it so fast that I had to rewind the DVR twice to make sure I heard it right. Priceless.

Stone seemed to have a chuckle at that.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
I still wouldn't even pause if he's the centerpiece for a big bat. I love Santos, but i won't allow myself to overvalue a relief pitcher.

I could see him becoming an elite closer for us and would hate to trade him away for a short rental.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
I could see him becoming an elite closer for us and would hate to trade him away for a short rental.

I can see him being Soria-lite in a year or two, i imagine a lot of other ballclubs could too. So, if the demand is high enough, i'd consider selling him.