AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

awesome win after an ugly start

i was there in rf seeing beckhams hr come right at me, that was sweet to see.

awesome bullpen all around

alexie is amazing right now, hopefully this is what we'll see for the next 3 years and this isnt just an extended hot streak

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
Alexei... man he's been beasting.

Yeah he's pretty much been the best all around SS in the AL lately

QUOTE (Elgin Slim @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 11:28 PM)
If he still has the 97-100 mph fastball in him Oz and Ken need to go to him and say "throw the f***ing ball as hard as you possibly can and still throw strikes"

This was vintage 2005 Bobby Jenks tonight.

It seems on Sox message boards this is how Bobby is viewed=> Bobby gives up a run= Bobby you fat f***!

Bobby strikes out the side in 1-2-3 fashion=WOOOO! BIG BAD BOBBY JENKS!!! STOP-HAMMER TIME! U CAN'T TOUCH THIS

Not really. It's more or less been calling a spade a spade. People criticize when he looks like s*** and explain why, and when he looks good they say so. Despite some people's best efforts to make it so, it isn't personal.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
If he sticks with that, he won't have a problem. We just don't know that he will.

This Bobby Jenks stays around the rest of the season, and we win the division and probably make a playoff push. Every team we'll be playing will have 6 innings to beat us.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
This Bobby Jenks stays around the rest of the season, and we win the division and probably make a playoff push. Every team we'll be playing will have 6 innings to beat us.

Exactly, but we can't be sure that he'll stay with it. Who knows why, but my guess is that he's afraid of getting hurt by dialing the fastball up there and/or throwing that hook. It's basically a catch-22 for him. He needs to do those things to be successful and sign a big contract in the offseason, but doing it may cause him an injury which makes a big contract a pipe dream.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jul 28, 2010 -> 10:57 PM)
Complete 180 for me watching this team this season. In may in the same 5-1 situation i probably would have turned the game off knowing we werent even going to give it the ole college try. Today, I knew we would comeback and at least tie the game at some point.

Go Sox! :headbang

I hear ya. WHen Seattle went up 5-1, I was like, well I guess we'll just score 6 runs.

We always hear about how much Coop preaches movement over velocity. But maybe in the case of Jenks, we need to just say quit with the movement crap and throw your fastball and hook with as much violence as you can and try to blow people away. It certainly looked like that is what happened last night, and at any rate, hopefully Bobby keeps throwing like that. Because althought it was just the Mariners last night, I can't even remember the last time his stuff looked that overwhelming, and nobody would have hit him. If Jenks can pitch well, our bullpen is just epic stuff, so lets hope he found something last night.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 10:24 AM)
We always hear about how much Coop preaches movement over velocity. But maybe in the case of Jenks, we need to just say quit with the movement crap and throw your fastball and hook with as much violence as you can and try to blow people away. It certainly looked like that is what happened last night, and at any rate, hopefully Bobby keeps throwing like that. Because althought it was just the Mariners last night, I can't even remember the last time his stuff looked that overwhelming, and nobody would have hit him. If Jenks can pitch well, our bullpen is just epic stuff, so lets hope he found something last night.

One thing you're missing though...Bobby's fastball was moving like crazy last night, and he had control of it as well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
One thing you're missing though...Bobby's fastball was moving like crazy last night, and he had control of it as well.

Oh I agree, and that's the point. Giving up velocity doesn't guarantee additional movement. It works that way for a large number of guys certainly, but not all of them.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 12:43 PM)
Sept 2 2006 was the last time Jenks pitched a perfect save inning with 3 'K.

Sergio Santos recorded his sixth consecutive scoreless appearance, Matt Thornton made his 17th consecutive scoreless appearance and J.J. Putz extended his White Sox record to 27 scoreless appearances.

That is sick