Ted Lilly traded to Dodgers

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love Lilly he is a gutsy competitor who I think who strive with our rotation guy. On top of that, we keep him away from the twinkie and Yankees potentially.

I do however think it is essential then for KW to trade Hudson+flowers/morel/or D2 for Dunn. Go for the jugguler an really put ourselves as playoff and divison competitors.

Truthfuly this may sound crazy but I think Hendry would give the sox a decent rate for Lilly. Him an KW have said in the past they wouldnt overcharge one another if they were in a divisonal race.

I think Morel is going to be a good MLB player maybe a Micheal cuddyer like player and agree would hate to see him go to the north side and succeed. However I dont think the cubs would want morel they have Vitters in triple A. I would think flowers or Gatrell plus a few AA pitchers get it done.

That move with a Dunn deal, Hudson+one of the trio would kill at farm system but worse comes to worse, they both probably walk after the season and we get A and B compensation to rebuild.

Plus these two in my opinion would be cohesive with the chemistry of the team. Lilly is prob friend with a few sox players. Just hold on to the Tank and Beckham my only un touchables the rest of the farm is available. This team is good but needs to add!!

I think the Sox probably have a tentative deal in place for Lilly, and they're going to see how Garcia and Huddy pitch these next 2 days, and, if they struggle, they'll iron out the little details and bring him over.

Edited by Knackattack

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
Ted Lilly+AL+our ballpark=recipe for disaster. That said, beggars can't be choosers. Why the f*** did Peavy have to get hurt!?

51.4% FB% (highest in baseball) -----> 10.6% HR/FB (12% would be standard) -----> 1.46 HR/9 (11th highest in baseball, would only go up at the Cell)

Fun

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:25 AM)
Ted Lilly+AL+our ballpark=recipe for disaster. That said, beggars can't be choosers. Why the f*** did Peavy have to get hurt!?

honestly the cell is not any worse and probably better the Wriley field. I think the whole US cellualr field thing is overratted. Granted it's a small sample size but post game live had a stat saying in the last 20 games at home our pitching has a 2.20 or something era. All pitchers learn to pitch to their ballpark.

This is what I would like to happen....

Sox trade Flowers + A or AA player or two (no real prospects) to Cubs for Lilly.

Sox trade Hudson + Danks to Nationals for Dunn.

Then the Sox have a rotation of Buehrle, Danks, Floyd, Lilly, Garcia

And a lineup of Pierre, Ramirez, Rios, Konerko, Dunn, Quentin, AJ, Beckham, Viciedo. That's a hell-good line-up IMO.

That roster competes with anybody AL or NL. Neither of the moves are huge that will turn a clubhouse over, in other words no one loses a job like JD did basically with Rios coming over in 09. I really believe the clubhouse was divided after that and that's why we went down hilll from there. Rios said it was uncomfortable plus the whole watching football incident. I think the clubhouse was horrible last year and that's why everyone is talking so much about chemistry this week.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:30 AM)
51.4% FB% (highest in baseball) -----> 10.6% HR/FB (12% would be standard) -----> 1.46 HR/9 (11th highest in baseball, would only go up at the Cell)

Fun

You nailed it right here. I just hope there's no smoke here. I'd rather just roll with Hudson.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:51 AM)
You nailed it right here. I just hope there's no smoke here. I'd rather just roll with Hudson.

I think it's more about would you rather have Adam Dunn and Ted Lilly, or Daniel Hudson and Mark Kotsay?

I would take Hudson over Lilly too, but the point of getting Lilly is to get Dunn, and that's a sacrifice I think most here would be willing to make.

Important Question: Are the Whitesox on Lilly's no trade list?

I know Minny is and I also believe Detroit is. Plus I hear that cubs players are afraid to play for contenders. They rather play mediocre ball, just like the ball their fans pay to see.

Edited by Frank_Thomas35

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Important Question: Are the Whitesox in Lilly's no trade list?

I know Minny is and I also believe Detroit is. Plus I here that cubs players are afraid to play for contenders. They rather play mediocre ball, just like the ball their fans pay to see.

I would really doubt Lilly would have the Sox on his NTC. I mean, the point of a NTC is to stay where you are, and albiet it's for a different team, I would think Lilly would like to stay in Chicago if he could.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
I think it's more about would you rather have Adam Dunn and Ted Lilly, or Daniel Hudson and Mark Kotsay?

I would take Hudson over Lilly too, but the point of getting Lilly is to get Dunn, and that's a sacrifice I think most here would be willing to make.

I reluctantly agree with you. But if KW trades for Dunn without being 99.999999999% sure he can sign him to an extension then it really is time for him to go. Now I'm sure somebody's going to tell me I an idiot and throw 2005 in my face and tell me about how bad management was 30 years ago.

Joel Radwanski (who is a host on the TV show) reported according to his close sources that this is a DONE DEAL.

I don't know much about this guy. After doing some research on him. I found out that he has stump Schwab twice

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
Important Question: Are the Whitesox on Lilly's no trade list?

I know Minny is and I also believe Detroit is. Plus I hear that cubs players are afraid to play for contenders. They rather play mediocre ball, just like the ball their fans pay to see.

Its doubtful Lilly would Deny a trade that would put him on a contender without him having to move to a different city.

I figured it would be more of a divisonal thing like most players have. JD had one against the NL west and Lilly had mist the the AL central so who knows. Lee lives in California (that's where his home home is) and he turned down the chance to play for the Angels for Christ sake, no one turns down the halos.