Attendance Poll

jasonxctf

2010 Attendance vs 2009  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Will 2010's Average Game Attendance Exceed 2009?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who Cares

2009, the Sox ended with an average game attendance (tickets sold) of 28,199.

2008, it was 30,877

2007, it was 33,140

2006, it was 36,511

Right now, the average is 25,662 with 32 more home games to go.

That means, they'll need to average 32,083 per game for the rest of the way to avoid a 4th straight year of attendance dropoffs.

During this 3 game home series vs Seattle, they have averaged 30,007 per night. (incl the massive 38,815 showing on Monday)

To help, they've got a 3 game home weekend Series vs the Yankees that I'm sure will be a 100% sellout, along with a 4 game home series vs the Red Sox forthcoming.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)
too much depends on the weather to make a guess, but those 7 games against NYY and Red Sox are going to help a ton. How many against Minny left?

6 more.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
2009, the Sox ended with an average game attendance (tickets sold) of 28,199.

2008, it was 30,877

2007, it was 33,140

2006, it was 36,511

Right now, the average is 25,662 with 32 more home games to go.

That means, they'll need to average 32,083 per game for the rest of the way to avoid a 4th straight year of attendance dropoffs.

During this 3 game home series vs Seattle, they have averaged 30,007 per night. (incl the massive 38,815 showing on Monday)

To help, they've got a 3 game home weekend Series vs the Yankees that I'm sure will be a 100% sellout, along with a 4 game home series vs the Red Sox forthcoming.

Only 25500+ were in the house last night? Park looked more full than that, as does tonight's game. This weekend's attendance should boost the average up big time with some nice weather and a competitve team in the A's.

QUOTE (Allsox @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
Only 25500+ were in the house last night? Park looked more full than that, as does tonight's game. This weekend's attendance should boost the average up big time with some nice weather and a competitve team in the A's.

that's what I thought too, I don't know if they're giving away packages or discounts that are not counting.

First place squad. Have the big money series with Yankees, Bosox, etc. Lots of games left against the Tigers and Twinkies, in a divisional race. I'd assume most of those sellout or close to it the closer we get to the end of season with us contending or leading them. Factor in a big acquisition which makes some of the notorious skeptics who love our Sox into believers. I'd say we clear last season easy by then.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 09:39 PM)
that's what I thought too, I don't know if they're giving away packages or discounts that are not counting.

i was there too and thought it looked more full than that. There was a discount though group-on for that game (that is how we got our tickets + pregame patio) so maybe that could factor in. doesnt seem like it should though because monday was 1/2 price and they still announced a sell out of over 38000

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:01 AM)
Went to the game tonight and couldnt believe how bad attendance was. Under 30,000 on a Friday night, team in first place, and its mullet night!!! Kid Rock & Bon Jovi may have stolen some fans, but the upper deck should not have been 2/3 empty.

The threat of rain most likely killed the walk up.

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 06:02 AM)
i was there too and thought it looked more full than that. There was a discount though group-on for that game (that is how we got our tickets + pregame patio) so maybe that could factor in. doesnt seem like it should though because monday was 1/2 price and they still announced a sell out of over 38000

they still get money from Groupon. That shouldn't affect attendance numbers.