AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Garcia in the MVP of this team.

I think I heard the best call in the history of the post-game.

The caller wanted to deal Hudson and Flowers/Viciedo for Dunn...the thinking is that each player is like a cracker (Saltine) and that when you break them in half...you can put butter, ranch sauce, guacamole, BBQ, on each and combine them for a taste explosion, I THINK...

So, in the end, if you combine Rios, Quentin, Paulie and Dunn, it would create the dreaded "QUADRUPLE VORTEX" EFFECT and the White Sox would never lose a home game again...Inception would be made explainable...droughts would end end, worldwide environmental damage would be reversed, basically, Adam Dunn is the last BAT-BENDER, or something like that.

It just made me laugh, the caller inquired, "Haven't you ever done anything like that?", to Rongey, and he responded with a really irritated/deadpan/sarcastic, "No."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Garcia in the MVP of this team.

I think I heard the best call in the history of the post-game.

The caller wanted to deal Hudson and Flowers/Viciedo for Dunn...the thinking is that each player is like a cracker (Saltine) and that when you break them in half...you can put butter, ranch sauce, guacamole, BBQ, on each and combine them for a taste explosion, I THINK...

So, in the end, if you combine Rios, Quentin, Paulie and Dunn, it would create the dreaded "QUADRUPLE VORTEX" EFFECT and the White Sox would never lose a home game again...Inception would be made explainable...droughts would end end, worldwide environmental damage would be reversed, basically, Adam Dunn is the last BAT-BENDER, or something like that.

It just made me laugh, the caller inquired, "Haven't you ever done anything like that?", to Rongey, and he responded with a really irritated/deadpan/sarcastic, "No."

Heard that call. It was awkward to say the least. I was like WTF??

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
Heard that call. It was awkward to say the least. I was like WTF??

Ditto here. I've found the post game show to be quite a comedic relief. Rongey should be granted sainthood for putting up with these bozo's.

Castro should be starting until his play suggests differently.

Why? It seems to be working just fine starting AJP the majority of the games.

Omar looking good tonight after getting no love in the game thread when the lineup was announced.

Good job Paulie, Quentin, Castro, Beckham, Freddy, Beckham. 11 in a row at home. I like it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Why? It seems to be working just fine starting AJP the majority of the games.

Omar looking good tonight after getting no love in the game thread when the lineup was announced.

Good job Paulie, Quentin, Castro, Beckham, Freddy, Beckham. 11 in a row at home. I like it.

Are we seeing the same AJ? This is one of his worst offensive seasons in recent memory. It can be described as mediocre at very best (defense has been good though). Meanwhile, when Castro plays, he rakes. Suggesting Castro get more playing time isn't unreasonable.

Suggesting Castro get more playing time isn't unreasonable.

Not unreasonable at all. But make him the starter?? Why?

AJP is doing fine. Castro is doing fine. Start him when Freddy pitches? Of course. Against all lefties? I wouldn't be against that. Rest AJP a little more than normal? Fine. But AJP is the starter. There are things about baseball that include chemistry.

This team has it. It would be insane to "demote" him. Just insane to team chemistry/unity.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:05 AM)

AJP is doing fine. Castro is doing fine. Start him when Freddy pitches? Of course. Against all lefties? I wouldn't be against that. Rest AJP a little more than normal? Fine. But AJP is the starter. There are things about baseball that include chemistry.

This team has it. It would be insane to "demote" him. Just insane to team chemistry/unity.

I don't think Castro should be starting. But I definitely think he should be playing more (until/unless he stops hitting).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:05 PM)

Are you Kotsay's agent? :lolhitting

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:13 AM)
What is your definition of more?

What I said? Or what the other poster said? Or ?

In no way can it seem like AJP is being demoted or you can say goodbye to team chemistry.

What you said.

Are you Kotsay's agent? lolhitting.gif

Nope. But you don't make Castro the starter over AJP. You just don't.

If you think chemistry means little, then I would disagree with you.

Me thinks if Kotsay would have hit two home runs, somebody might have said, "Don't get excited. It was against Seattle. One of the worst teams in baseball."

I am fired up about Castro. I just don't want him replacing AJP.

That Greg exists?

Or that peace exists?

Maybe it's the QUADRUPLE VORTEX THEOREM brought to life...and we're now seeing its Butterfly Effect as it sweeps across the planet like the White Sox through the Mariners, the Blue Jays through the Orioles, like Sherman's March to the Sea.