AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:37 AM)
I was surprised to find out that Kotsay's only DH'd 37 games.

His degree of suck has made me think he's been there 97 games.

But just like Randy Williams he continues to get trotted out there way more than he should.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
You'd think 4 straight months of being atrocious at the plate is a good enough sample size for Ozzie to seriously diminish his workload...but I guess not.

Of the 220 players with at least 250 PA this season our DH ranks 202nd in OPS. Oh and he's 273rd in AVG with RISP (min 50 PA), yes that's the worst in baseball. Kotsay is reaching epic levels of bad.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
You'd think 4 straight months of being atrocious at the plate is a good enough sample size for Ozzie to seriously diminish his workload...but I guess not.

To me, Kotsays' only redeeming quality is that he stands on the left side of the plate. I would much rather see Jones in the lineup over Kotsay. The average may not improve that much, but at least you would have better power numbers and Jones can run a little better.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
Of the 220 players with at least 250 PA this season our DH ranks 202nd in OPS. Oh and he's 273rd in AVG with RISP (min 50 PA), yes that's the worst in baseball. Kotsay is reaching epic levels of bad.

that's actually better than I thought.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 09:41 AM)

Don't tell Ozzie these things. Real baseball people don't watch a computer. Babe Ruth didn't watch a computer, Pete Rose didn't watch a computer.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
I liked how with both homers Castro paused to admire the towering power blasts they were. Even if you had the sound turned down (because you knew from the sound they were long gone), you could watch his body language and know he cranked them.

I want to see the pitcher who has the balls to throw at Ramon Castro if they think he's showboating.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 29, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
What is your definition of more?

What I said? Or what the other poster said? Or ?

In no way can it seem like AJP is being demoted or you can say goodbye to team chemistry.

i'm also for getting castro more ABs without "demoting" AJ, but winning baseball games IS chemistry. even if castro replaced aj everyday, if the sox kept winning the magic chemistry would still be there.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 08:19 AM)
I think he means from the DL

Yes I thought the Lucy comment made it obvious.

I also gotta say Eric Threets is looking pretty impressive.

Has anyone ever hit agaisnt a pitcher with all of those tatoos on their arms? If so, are they a distracting?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:54 AM)
Yes I thought the Lucy comment made it obvious.

I also gotta say Eric Threets is looking pretty impressive.

Has anyone ever hit agaisnt a pitcher with all of those tatoos on their arms? If so, are they a distracting?

Those specific tattoos?