White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
I have to imagine, if the Sox did give up Hudson, we would be getting some decent amounts of cash back.

With the D-backs supposedly in "Salary cutting mode"...I doubt this'll be an Oswalt like payout.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Can't see how since Arizona is in financial trouble themselves.

I think a good comparison is the Vazquez trade...the Sox had to supposedly work like crazy just to get Arizona to chip in a million or so on that one out of his >$10 million salary.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Not so much:

BNightengale

#mlb # If deal gets done, the White Sox would send Daniel Hudson and prospect for Jackson,and take on Jackson's entire $8.75 million salary 1 minute ago via web

The D-Backs are in no position to include cash.

What the heck. This really just doesn't make sense, unless the Sox somehow think very lowly of Dan Hudson. And if they do, I think that is a mistake.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Not so much:

BNightengale

#mlb # If deal gets done, the White Sox would send Daniel Hudson and prospect for Jackson,and take on Jackson's entire $8.75 million salary 1 minute ago via web

The D-Backs are in no position to include cash.

That would be just an awful deal

Dunn's not out of the picture just yet:

Ken_Rosenthal

Source: Dunn still in play for #WhiteSox, poss 3-way with #D-backs, Jackson would go to #Nationals - or if deal fails, end up with #WhiteSox. Deal in #Nationals' hands. #WhiteSox's Hudson ends up with #Diamondbacks either way. Highly unlikely to start tonight.

I expect Harrell is in Chicago or on his way now. Can't imagine Pena getting a spot start but who knows.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Agreed should have went after Haren for this price.

Hell, as much as the Astros are chipping in for Oswalt, Roy Oswalt would be cheaper next season for the Phils than Jackson would be for us.

Cowley

If I had names I would report them. All I've been told is it's big. Also been told that the chance of Hudson starting tonight is almost zero

Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way.

Edited by justBLAZE

Cowley -

If I had names I would report them. All I've been told is it's big. Also been told that the chance of Hudson starting tonight is almost zero. Jackson-Hudson deal is not off, it's just being delayed while KW tries to shock the world. Hudson for Jackson might still happen either way.