White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:20 AM)
Cowley - Here's what I've just been told - "If [KW] pulls this off, the Sox will be considerably better by tonight.''

f*** this s***, I want some names! Sox brass may consider Jackson a huge upgrade, but I dont. I really want to know who theyre going after.

Cowley - Here's what I've just been told - "If [KW] pulls this off, the Sox will be considerably better by tonight.''

hmmm, my guess is he somehow pulls of a decent SP and a very good bat, because as I said before, unless it's a name that hasn't been out there, there's nothing on radars that would make this statement true.

I'm trying not to get too excited about a big name coming. At times I think Kenny gets into discussions for a big name player just so he can say, "we'll I tried everything and we just didn't line up. I tried to get Dunn, I tried to get Fielder, but the sides couldn't come to an agreement". See, doesn't that sound good? Just like this past offseason when it came out that the Sox had worked out a deal for Roy Halladay but couldn't come to terms on an extension. It sounds good, but why bother working out the deal unless you are willing to pay him?

f*** you Cowley for getting my hopes up to unspeakable levels right now, I don't know how I'm going to recover from the let down when we just acquire Jackson.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
I think the sentiment that Kenny is trying to step in front of Washington to force their hand on Dunn makes the most sense, thought I do seem to remember the Sox putting in some groundwork to get Jackson when he was still with TB, right?

I was thinking about this a couple of days ago and posted it in the Dunn thread (I think).

But I think Kenny's looking at it his way: if he deals for Jackson, it's not the end of the world. You do bolster your pitching staff. However, his plan A is to get Dunn through Jackson.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
f*** this s***, I want some names! Sox brass may consider Jackson a huge upgrade, but I dont. I really want to know who theyre going after.

well they may, but this is a separate deal Cowley is talking about, basically it seems like Jackson/Hudson is in place but KW stalled it and is working on a major deal.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
You know what would be shocking? Acquiring a right handed piece of s*** ballplayer like Jose Guillen.

Exactly, Im just scared to see what their interpretation of "shock" means, or what "improve" means. Yea, Guillen is better than Kotsay, but I dont want him or his salary as our "upgrade."

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
You would think Roberto Clemente's or Shoeless Joe Jackson's ghosts were going to be playing tonight with all this hysteria.

Hmmmm...I'm voting for Z. Greinke or Felix Hernandez.

hmmm, what's his contract situation?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)

I'll wager it's still Dunn. The price might have dropped, as it should.

QUOTE (hawksox13 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
I'm trying not to get too excited about a big name coming. At times I think Kenny gets into discussions for a big name player just so he can say, "we'll I tried everything and we just didn't line up. I tried to get Dunn, I tried to get Fielder, but the sides couldn't come to an agreement". See, doesn't that sound good? Just like this past offseason when it came out that the Sox had worked out a deal for Roy Halladay but couldn't come to terms on an extension. It sounds good, but why bother working out the deal unless you are willing to pay him?

What was the package for Halladay? Guess I missed that one.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:23 AM)
well they may, but this is a separate deal Cowley is talking about, basically it seems like Jackson/Hudson is in place but KW stalled it and is working on a major deal.

Was just pointing out that their view of upgrade could be drasticall different from my view, and apparently alot of views here on ST.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:22 AM)
You would think Roberto Clemente's or Shoeless Joe Jackson's ghosts were going to be playing tonight with all this hysteria.

Hmmmm...I'm voting for Z. Greinke or Felix Hernandez.

They just signed him to a big contract extension in the offseason, that aint gonna happen.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
They just signed him to a big contract extension in the offseason, that aint gonna happen.

Grienke may be traded if they want to sell high on him still as there is risk that he is starting to lose it again.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
Si_JohnHeyman still seems to be optimism for #chisox, #dbacks deal. 3-way possibilities alive. chicago does like dunn, nats love jackson

Livan Hernandez and Dunn, I don't know how Livan does in the AL at this point, but he fits KW and Ozzie's mold of a player they would want IMO, that way in their mind they get a starer and a power bat