White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:56 AM)
Um, not a chance in hell he gets both without giving up Hudson. For those two, I'd gladly get rid of Hudson, Danks2, Morel, and someone else.

True, and Berkman/Myers is better than Arizona trying to up their offer with Jackson/Laroche.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:55 AM)
OK, I'm going to rip off a poster from the "catch-all" thread since it might be what stalled the Jackson/Hudson deal... Nightengale is reporting KW is going after Brett Myers, maybe he can get Berkman/Myers without Hudson.. sorry Kalapse and Athomeboy!!

I endorse this trade...but I cannot see it not including Hudson.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Markakis would be huge.

McPhail is the current version of Chuck LeMar. Not worth dealing with him as he is asking for the world. I would take both guys by the way.

What sucks is the Orioles are getting healthy in time to play the Sox. Millwood, Gutherie and Roberts all back.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 07:57 AM)
Many of us had similar sentiments when we acquired Contreras, Floyd and Thornton.

Agreed. I trust the Sox when it comes to picking up highly talented pitchers who have not achieved success that matches their talent level. You can add Jenks, Loaiza, and even the Danks acquisition had posters screaming for BMac. They may see something to fix in Jackson. I'll wait for the details of the deal and see what else KW pulls off. Sure, there is a counter list of failures, but Jackson was/is a very highly regarded talent.

Why do i have a feeling that all of this is going down while I'm at work tonight.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
http://twitter.com/HuskyCaucasian/mlb

Athomeboy does it again. . . is there anyone else worth adding to this follow list?

Thanks! :) After the "LeBron Watch" list went so well, I decided to create a bunch of other lists (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA). You never know when they may come in handy.

I'll gladly add any good ideas to be added to the list

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
Hope you all saw Harrell is starting for Sox tonight.

that means something is done IMO, there's been plenty of times where guys were 95% traded and started, and Hudson is Hudson at this point, if a team wants him it's based on his potential, another bad start wouldn't really screw that up

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:01 AM)
Thanks! :) After the "LeBron Watch" list went so well, I decided to create a bunch of other lists (MLB, NHL, NFL, NBA). You never know when they may come in handy.

I'll gladly add any good ideas to be added to the list

/threadjack, sorry... who do you like for NFL, I only have Glazer and he is awesome.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:03 AM)
/threadjack, sorry... who do you like for NFL, I only have Glazer and he is awesome.

Well, most of my "lists" are still a major work in progress. As this is kind of a new idea for me, I havent spent a lot of time creating extensive lists. I am waiting for NFL season to get into full gear before I fill it out. RIght now I have a combination of reporters, writers, and players:

@MattBowen41 (Writer- The National Football Post)

@alexbrown96

@michaelstrahan

@DavidHaugh

@shawnemerriman

@Jay_Glazer

@BradBiggs

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Well, most of my "lists" are still a major work in progress. As this is kind of a new idea for me, I havent spent a lot of time creating extensive lists. I am waiting for NFL season to get into full gear before I fill it out. RIght now I have a combination of reporters, writers, and players:

@MattBowen41 (Writer- The National Football Post)

@alexbrown96

@michaelstrahan

@DavidHaugh

@shawnemerriman

@Jay_Glazer

@BradBiggs

adam schefter

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:58 AM)
Yep, if it's just Hudson and another prospect for Jackson, and then nothing else happens...that would be just a horrible deal.

I agree completely. The only way you make this trade is if you decide to go all in this year and believe Jackson can really booster your playoff rotation. That means getting a legit DH as well (someone like Berkman would do). Trading away cheap, controllable players is extremely risky given how terrible our minor league system is and how our financials look for 2011. However, I could see KW looking at the potential upside of a deep playoff run (additional revenue / better attendance in 2011) and deciding to roll the dice.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
303 people on the site and nothing official or even concrete with names coming back... could this break the 727? What was that for anyway?

Buehrle extension but I might be wrong.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:15 AM)
Man this is killing me. It seems pretty obvious that Hudson has been dealt, but to where and for whom? I hope it's not the Hudson and prospect for Jackson. That would be giving away too much.

it would tell me the White Sox didn't have Hudson rated extremely high on internal scouting

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:16 PM)
it would tell me the White Sox didn't have Hudson rated extremely high on internal scouting

And everything, and I mean everything, I've heard/read suggests the exact opposite. The best example is him being in the first Peavy deal last year and then KW pulling his name out of the one that actuallyhappened

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 11:18 AM)
And everything, and I mean everything, I've heard/read suggests the exact opposite. The best example is him being in the first Peavy deal last year and then KW pulling his name out of the one that actuallyhappened

yeah, KW is strange with prospects so who knows... also, they get to see him everyday and after every start, maybe a few things he did didn't ring well this time up. Again, I'm just speculating.