White Sox Acquire Edwin Jackson

SOXOBAMA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
5 yr, $78 mill extension signed before the season.

ah OK, no way the Ms move him with that, maybe to some team like the Marlins who can just give them extremely cheap young players, but nothing the Sox have to offer.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:22 AM)
Then I take it you're fine with Garcia/Hudson rounding out the rotation? And I don't want to trade Hudson. But if we could get Jackson without giving up Hudson I'd be pretty pleased. Jackson has been pretty hit or miss this year. But he consistently hits 95 MPH with his FB and his slider is + when it's on. He's actually been pretty good in his last 15 starts: 4.24 ERA, .247 BAA, 7.67 K/9. The walks are obviously what's hindered him.

My thoughts exactly when I heard this. Jackson has been pretty good vs. the AL and had a great arm.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
Livan Hernandez and Dunn, I don't know how Livan does in the AL at this point, but he fits KW and Ozzie's mold of a player they would want IMO, that way in their mind they get a starer and a power bat

Big no to Livan, HUGE NO.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:26 AM)
Grienke may be traded if they want to sell high on him still as there is risk that he is starting to lose it again.

Selling high on Greinke won't happen, not after the reports came out about decreased velocity and he was absolutely shelled by the Twins. His ERA is close to 4 now, maybe even a bit higher.

Nothing like what they could have gotten had they traded Zack this past offseason.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:27 AM)
considerably better tonight? shock the world? im starting to think ichiro or greinke could be in play then....seriously who the hell else is out there that would satisfy what cowley has said? fielder?

I've been pouring over rosters of teams out of the race and I can't see who else KW would be targeting. The "shock the world" and "considerably better" comments have got me hitting refresh every two minutes. It has to be Fielder or a stud SP.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
Big no to Livan, HUGE NO.

Not saying I would be thrilled with it either, but I'm thinking something that makes them better would have to include a pitcher who can fill the 5th spot and not overly familiar with the Nats or D'backs rotation, and like I said, Livan has Ozzie and KW written all over him.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
Not saying I would be thrilled with it either, but I'm thinking something that makes them better would have to include a pitcher who can fill the 5th spot and not overly familiar with the Nats or D'backs rotation, and like I said, Livan has Ozzie and KW written all over him.

Livan has said he wanted to retire as a National.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:28 AM)
That says it all.

But didn't or hasn't he said the same thing about Gavin Floyd before the 2008 season on a number of occasions, Law that is?

If Cooper really thinks they can fix someone and do it quite quickly, then I wouldn't be surprised if they went after Jackson hard...although they had a much better chance to get him if they wanted before the 2009 season IMO.

Back then, it only cost the Tigers Matt Joyce.