The Wave Sucks

bigruss

The Wave is here to stay. Get used to it or stop going to games.

Why is it here to stay? People aren't against people having a good time at games. They just don't want fans to do the pathologically cliche Wave. Is it really here to stay? Or is it something done once every 4-5 sellouts or so??

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 4, 2010 -> 12:47 AM)
What f-in babies you guys are. If you can't stand the other fans, just watch it at home, you snobs.

People who hate people having a good time at the ballpark drive me crazy. The Wave is here to stay. Get used to it or stop going to games.

This post sucks on multiple levels.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)
What f-in babies you guys are. If you can't stand the other fans, just watch it at home, you snobs.

People who hate people having a good time at the ballpark drive me crazy. The Wave is here to stay. Get used to it or stop going to games.

Do you still listen to disco and wear and afro too?

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 3, 2010 -> 11:47 PM)

I agree with the gist, if not the tone.

I don't care what people do (within legal limits) to have a good time at the ballpark - my only exception being swearing when kids are nearby. That does bother me.

The wave is a harmless way for some people to add to their enjoyment of the game. If people didn't like it, it would never get going around the park like it does.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 12:30 AM)
The wave does indeed suck. You know what else sucks? All the $60 "authentics" that people now have. First it was football, then hockey, now their invading baseball stadiums nationally. Disgusting. Just buy the replica for $100.

I bought two jerseys on eBay for $35 and $40. One is a road gray (with no numbers on the back) that says Chicago across the front, and the other is a home pinstripe jersey (again, with no numbers on the back) with the logo on the left breast. I'm not about to claim them as an authentic jersey (even though I'm sure I could have numbers and a name stitched on the back for a reasonable price if I looked around to make it look more "authentic"), but I wanted something I could wear and point out to people that I am a White Sox fan and I am proud of it.

And it felt damn good wearing it at Target Field, even if it isn't "authentic."

It's not that I dont want other fans to have fun, but your main goal of going to a baseball game is to enjoy watching baseball. If you start doing stunts that block my view of the game in high stress scenarios I have all the right to be mad at those people.

I know people are there to have fun, but thats why there are things like the Fundamentals area for little kids to go to. Talk, drink beer, eat food, watch the game in youre seat, but be courteous of those who are there to watch the game (and yes I watch every play I can). If you just want to hang with friends or have fun with your kids go someplace else. Instead of the wave, why dont you teach your kid the game so I dont have to hear about how Freddy sucks when hes been a great 5th starter for us.