I hate the Yankees....

T R U

How can anyone say they don't develope their players. The Yankees homegrown players are the heart and soul of that team. Posada, Jeter, Soriano, Williams, Rivera .... That's the ever important "strength up the middle" and a world class closer. Then you add guys like Pettitte and Nick Johnson to the mix. How many teams have 7 key team members that were home grown?

The real advantage the Yankees have is that they can afford to make mistakes. Like what happened with Kenny Rogers, Sterling Hitchcock and this Cuban guy, Contreras. Look at the effect the "mistake" made by Cinci on Griffey has had on that team. The Yanks would have just shipped him off and spent to replace him with the best player available.

I wish Jerry Reinsdorf could afford to run the White Sox like Steinbrenner runs the Yankees. And if I was in Steinbrenners shoes, I'd take the same approach.

How can anyone say they don't develope their players.  The Yankees homegrown players are the heart and soul of that team. Posada, Jeter, Soriano, Williams, Rivera .... That's the ever important "strength up the middle" and a world class closer. Then you add guys like Pettitte and Nick Johnson to the mix.  How many teams have 7 key team members that were home grown? 

The real advantage the Yankees have is that they can afford to make mistakes.  Like what happened with Kenny Rogers, Sterling Hitchcock and this Cuban guy, Contreras.  Look at the effect the "mistake" made by Cinci on Griffey has had on that team.  The Yanks would have just shipped him off and spent to replace him with the best player available.

I wish Jerry Reinsdorf could afford to run the White Sox like Steinbrenner runs the Yankees.  And if I was in Steinbrenners shoes, I'd take the same approach.

Hey, thanks for reading my post. :lol:

How can anyone say they don't develope their players.  The Yankees homegrown players are the heart and soul of that team. Posada, Jeter, Soriano, Williams, Rivera .... That's the ever important "strength up the middle" and a world class closer. Then you add guys like Pettitte and Nick Johnson to the mix.  How many teams have 7 key team members that were home grown? 

The real advantage the Yankees have is that they can afford to make mistakes.  Like what happened with Kenny Rogers, Sterling Hitchcock and this Cuban guy, Contreras.  Look at the effect the "mistake" made by Cinci on Griffey has had on that team.  The Yanks would have just shipped him off and spent to replace him with the best player available.

I wish Jerry Reinsdorf could afford to run the White Sox like Steinbrenner runs the Yankees.  And if I was in Steinbrenners shoes, I'd take the same approach.

You're right, very similar. I did, however, try and add a little to point.

How can anyone say they don't develope their players.  The Yankees homegrown players are the heart and soul of that team.   Posada, Jeter, Soriano, Williams, Rivera .... That's the ever important "strength up the middle" and a world class closer.   Then you add guys like Pettitte and Nick Johnson to the mix.  How many teams have 7 key team members that were home grown? 

You're right, very similar. I did, however, try and add a little to point.

I know, I'm just messin with ya.