And that's a White Sox winner !!

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Fans were trying to help the kid as much as humanly possible. After each inning, fans behind the dugout were standing a cheering. The ovation after the third was as genuine as I've ever heard for a player. When Lucas came into the dugout after the sixth I thought he was going to have to make a curtain call. Special stuff.

Sad that no matter what he did, he was going back down.

That's really cool. Events like his starting just remind you of how passionate and dedicated these kids are to get to the show and the brutal reality that most all of them aren't good enough. But when they get to have a taste and a moment on the stage I think it's great that people stand behind them appreciatively.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:08 PM)
Fans were trying to help the kid as much as humanly possible. After each inning, fans behind the dugout were standing a cheering. The ovation after the third was as genuine as I've ever heard for a player. When Lucas came into the dugout after the sixth I thought he was going to have to make a curtain call. Special stuff.

Sad that no matter what he did, he was going back down.

That is awesome. That's what makes Sox fans so good and why something dumb like the wave should never happen. Our fans are like this story. Awesome. Not cliche and imbecilic like doing the wave.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
That is awesome. That's what makes Sox fans so good and why something dumb like the wave should never happen. Our fans are like this story. Awesome. Not cliche and imbecilic like doing the wave.

I was in section 162 (left-center field) last night. We had 3rd row bleacher seats from some season ticket holding friends of ours, but it's an area of the park that gets a lot of walk-up and/or last-minute ticket buyers. Around the 7th inning there was a feeble attempt at getting the wave going by a pretty large group a section over and they were met with very unfriendly words. Really fun game to be at, nice to see the "kids" of the team really win a game.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
I was in section 162 (left-center field) last night. We had 3rd row bleacher seats from some season ticket holding friends of ours, but it's an area of the park that gets a lot of walk-up and/or last-minute ticket buyers. Around the 7th inning there was a feeble attempt at getting the wave going by a pretty large group a section over and they were met with very unfriendly words. Really fun game to be at, nice to see the "kids" of the team really win a game.

I was in section 154 and yelled at them.