DON'T DEAL DAYAN

greg775

Please do not trade Dayan Viciedo in the Dunn deal. Why go to all that trouble to find and sign him if you are going to give him up as he shows some incredible life in his bat?

Kill this thread if you wish.

I just think it needs its own area for Dayan backers to vent.

Please, please, keep Dayan Viciedo, Sox management.

More Tank please!! He should start the rest of this series and then get some starts vs righties to see if he can keep it up. You have to like how he can sit for a full week with no ab's and then rip the cover off the ball when he gets a chance. He is a dangerous bat in back end of the lineup!

This thread is futile. Like it or not Kotsay is going to get the majority of at-bats that should be going to Viciedo. Take it up with Ozzie.

I'll just be relieved if we don't trade him. That's all for now. Not to trade the stud.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:13 AM)
He's a 21 year old rookie - he'll improve many aspects of his game...

His inclination to take a walk included.

He's crushing the ball and getting on base. Lexi doesn't draw a lot of walks either but he's been pretty solid at the dish. Although 1 walk wouldn't be a bad thing...

Edited by CarlosMartinez

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 05:47 AM)
Hawk and Stone went out of their way to praise Dayan tonight, I think they agree with you!

Or they were told by the front office to talk him up big because they want to up his trade value ;)

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 06:59 AM)
Or they were told by the front office to talk him up big because they want to up his trade value ;)

If people listened to hawk harrelson for impressions on who to trade for Carlos Gomez would land albert pujols.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
That clinches it for sure.

Brad Radke or Jeremy Bonderman will be our fifth starter next year if Harrelson has his say, with Inge at 3B.

it's clearly 1am on july 31st =)

delirious!

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:59 AM)

Normally if they were planning on trading a player the FO would want Hawk and Stone to not hype them up so the fan base doesn't fall in love with them and then get angry when/if they're traded.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
Normally if they were planning on trading a player the FO would want Hawk and Stone to not hype them up so the fan base doesn't fall in love with them and then get angry when/if they're traded.

JEsss Jesss - you make zdeeee goooood point.

QUOTE (Markbilliards @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
Somebody should teach him that there is another possible way to get on base besides the hit.

The fact that he took a close pitch called strike yesterday and was on his way to first was even encouraging to me. He wanted to walk, now he just has to do it.

Ok, I'm as excited as anyone about Dayan. However, please people. Calm down on the over reaction. In my opinion, he is a better offensive Juan Uribe with less defense. If the Brewers called the Sox today and said we'll trade you Fielder for Dayan and two other of our top prospects, you do the deal in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Ok, I'm as excited as anyone about Dayan. However, please people. Calm down on the over reaction. In my opinion, he is a better offensive Juan Uribe with less defense. If the Brewers called the Sox today and said we'll trade you Fielder for Dayan and two other of our top prospects, you do the deal in a heartbeat.

Not holding my breath on that offer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 30, 2010 -> 10:52 PM)
Please do not trade Dayan Viciedo in the Dunn deal. Why go to all that trouble to find and sign him if you are going to give him up as he shows some incredible life in his bat?

Kill this thread if you wish.

I just think it needs its own area for Dayan backers to vent.

Please, please, keep Dayan Viciedo, Sox management.

I'm happy they kept The Tank. I think he's going to be good.

Edited by BearingPro

QUOTE (Mattchoo @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 04:30 PM)

This is all just your opinion... People who are "over reacting" are also just voicing their opinion. Your insinuating that your assesment is fact by telling people to calm down - by saying their over reacting.

The point is... You don't know just as well as we don't.

All we can see at this point is someone who shows a lot of raw talent and great promise.

It's possible he could be no better than Juan uribe.

It's also possible he becomes a 40 home run / 100 RBI hitter