White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (buckweaver @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
Victory claimed by cheaters is hollow at best.

LOL.

People who are against PEDs are such hypocrites. How many of you don't speed in your cars or look for loopholes when doing your taxes? Sure, it's okay to cheat on some things and not others. What bs....

I still despise Manny for being the quitter and cheater he is, but boy will his bat look good in the Sox lineup for the next month or so. I'm a little torn, but as long as its just this month, I'm happy. Please do not bring him back for 2011, especially with his age and injury history of late (in addition to the aforementioned scuzziness).

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
If we get him, i cant f***ing wait to hear Farmio's reaction as he has constantly ripped manny since the ban

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
"Winning isn't everything. It is the only thing."

-Vince Lombardi

Vince's quote was not as harsh as the inane comment he posted. Vince's is considered in the true spirit of competition. You bleed to win!

This is a disgraceful day in White Sox history to acquire this guy.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
LOL.

People who are against PEDs are such hypocrites. How many of you don't speed in your cars or look for loopholes when doing your taxes? Sure, it's okay to cheat on some things and not others. What bs....

I hope some people think long and hard before making such posts iike this.

People, don't out yourselves as people who condone cheating and all that. Don't make me lose faith in humanity more than I have.

My god. Think before you post.

CHEATING IS WRONG!!!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
I still despise Manny for being the quitter and cheater he is, but boy will his bat look good in the Sox lineup for the next month or so. I'm a little torn, but as long as its just this month, I'm happy. Please do not bring him back for 2011, especially with his age and injury history of late (in addition to the aforementioned scuzziness).

There is very little left in this baseball season, so I don't anticipate Manny pulling any crap in his time here.

I do hate him, though.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Vince's quote was not as harsh as the inane comment he posted. Vince's is considered in the true spirit of competition. You bleed to win!

Really? So, if the Sox win the division and go onto the playoffs and do well and maybe win the whole thing...and Manny had a hand in it, you would not be happy?

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
So if KW is still the GM in 5 years...will he try this with Twins players from the 2000's like he does with Indians players from the 90's?

he just joined he Twins this year, but a 37-year old Orlando Hudson getting picked up by KW in July 2015 would not surprise me in the least.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)

People, don't out yourselves as people who condone cheating and all that. Don't make me lose faith in humanity more than I have.

CHEATING IS WRONG!!!

You're losing it, Greg. Take a deep breath.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 12:46 PM)

:violin

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)

CHEATING IS WRONG!!!

Don't bother. This has been longshot's schtick for as long as I can remember. His logic trail leads to the impossible (anarchy) so its empty, and he's probably doing it just to get your goat. Its working.

I think I'm like Balta.

I love the White Sox. If I cheer for him, I will feel dirty doing so.

He worded it best.

This is a disgrace. I just hope we have him one month.

And if we fall out of the race, which seems inevitable, how the f*** are you gonna feel about Manny when he's not into playing for the White Sox with us 7 back?? Manny is a cheater. I don't want him.