White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
There is a lot of booing and negativity on facebook in regard to the news of Sox claim Manny. You would think average facebook fan wouldn't care about Steroids, any chance he gets booed if he plays for W Sox ?

I am 100% sure there will be some booing, but also a lot of cheering. Then it will vary based on his production.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
I think I'm like Balta.

I love the White Sox. If I cheer for him, I will feel dirty doing so.

He worded it best.

This is a disgrace. I just hope we have him one month.

And if we fall out of the race, which seems inevitable, how the f*** are you gonna feel about Manny when he's not into playing for the White Sox with us 7 back?? Manny is a cheater. I don't want him.

So you turning in your WS gear from 05 then? Bout at 99% chance at least 1 if not more on that team were on the juice at some point.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:46 PM)
Vince's quote was not as harsh as the inane comment he posted. Vince's is considered in the true spirit of competition. You bleed to win!

This is a disgraceful day in White Sox history to acquire this guy.

This one month rental of a masher has nothing on the day the White Sox signed Albert Belle. Put it in perspective.

Surprised how many people are fine with Manny regardless if he'd help us cause of his cheating. Many of the same people hated Barry bonds' guts when guys like myself, wite, tru, etc.. wanted him badly here when he was available and were giving us crap. That reminds me, I wonder what guys like Tex (and others) think about this. At least guys like Balta are consistent with their stuff (feel dirty cheering, still chant steriods) which I respect.

Edited by J.Reedfan8

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:49 PM)
Don't bother. This has been longshot's schtick for as long as I can remember. His logic trail leads to the impossible (anarchy) so its empty, and he's probably doing it just to get your goat. Its working.

Oh. I didn't know that. I'll just assume it's a joke, then.

I mean I'll feel dirty while cheering for Manny I guess, if we win it all, but it's still wrong to acquire this guy IMO. Maybe this will be good for me and help me be less a Sox/sports fanatic. My team hasn't done something this stupid in a long time.

QUOTE (J.Reedfan8 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
Surprised how many people are fine with Manny regardless if he'd help us cause of his cheating. Many of the same people hated Barry bonds' guts when guys like myself, wite, tru, etc.. wanted him badly here when he was available and were giving us crap. That reminds me, I wonder what guys like Tex (and others) think about this.

You mean old people?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)

I mean I'll feel dirty while cheering for Manny I guess, if we win it all, but it's still wrong to acquire this guy IMO. Maybe this will be good for me and help me be less a Sox/sports fanatic. My team hasn't done something this stupid in a long time.

You have got to be kidding... 95% of your posts are saying the team has done something stupid.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:50 PM)
There is a lot of booing and negativity on facebook in regard to the news of Sox claim Manny. You would think average facebook fan wouldn't care about Steroids, any chance he gets booed if he plays for W Sox ?

That would be cool if he got booed. It would show me again, Sox fans are the best.

Not sheep who just cheer when we are supposed to cheer for the new guy/cheater. I'd say boo him once then have him help us win and cheer his performance but feel dirty doing so.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
I hope some people think long and hard before making such posts iike this?

People, don't out yourselves as people who condone cheating and all that? Don't make me lose faith in humanity more than I have.

My god. Think before you post.

CHEATING IS WRONG!!!

What are you trying to prove here? I get your point you don't like PED users but than you need to stop being a fan a baseball as there is no way of knowing who has and has cheated. The "clean" Sox never existed as Jose Canseco was a member of this team. It is a part of the game and the Sox are just trying to win as that brings people to the game not that and only that.

Haven't you noticed who has taken the majority of DH at-bats this season? That decision was way more stupid than acquiring Manny Ramirez would be.

to be honest, the jaking it aspect of things about manny bothers me more than the steroids.

not that i'm a fan of roiders, but it's clear that a ton of guys were using. it was the culture of that time period in baseball. it wasn't right, but it's hard for me to damn one guy and give a bunch of other guys a pass because they were fortunate to not get caught or have their names leaked.

Edited by thedoctor

Regardless of how you feel about Manny (I have no problem with him playing here for a month), acquiring the guy is not a "stupid" move. At worst it's a greedy move. And I'm fine with that. If he comes here and helps, great. If he comes here and tanks, oh well. KW wants to win another World Series.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Also, he isn't on steroids right now....so what difference does it make what he did 2 years ago?

Well, there's plenty of reasons to think that his body may be severely worn down by a long period of steroid abuse and that could have contributed to his repeated muscle sprains this season.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
How can you not mention me Soxace, I defended Bonds more than anyone on this board.

I truly am offended.

What youve done here is far worse than using steroids. You didnt give me proper credit.

:P

Hey you are part of the "etc.." Badge. No doubt though you were also one of the main backers (as was SoxFan1) too.