White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:44 PM)
LMAO business days? What is that nonsense? How are Saturday and Sunday not "business days" in baseball? Silly.

See, I thought the whole Tuesday thing was out the window because he didn't clear waivers. Pshh.

Seriously, I can't get over that fact. From April to September, every single team plays on every Saturday and Sunday, there are never days off on the weekend. Thats an extra two games the Sox could use him as the DH too.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 11:10 PM)
Embarrass the Sox fan base? So any time a fan boos a player, it's "embarrassing the fan base"? Gimmie a break man....

And it wasn't "my idea".

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Totally agree. The man losing his job should be punishment enough for his performance, especially considering he's been put in the position to be ridiculed. If he'd been playing his proper role, I doubt anybody would have cared. It IS very classless to rub this guy's nose in it when it's only partially his fault. I'd be pretty disgusted if our fan base pulled something like that.

This isn't booing. It's chanting "Manny" when Kotsay is up. Man the counter arguments on here amaze me sometimes. Sorry I didn't know it was not you who started the post. My bad. I don't remember who posted what most of the time, unlike some people who apparently remember my positions on everything.

Amen on the second post. Disgusted is a good word on this one.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:37 PM)
Manny not in line-up tonight, but IS in the clubhouse. Saying his goodbyes tonight? Would be awesome if he caught a flight to CHI tonight and was playing tomorrow.

I thought it was a scheduled day off. And besides, most people show up to the ballpark, even if they're given a day off.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
I thought it was a scheduled day off. And besides, most people show up to the ballpark, even if they're given a day off.

As Kalapse just said, it's his 2nd day on the bench now. So either he is in the process of being traded, or they are just keeping him out to avoid injury.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
Not just claimed but acquired, Rosenthal isn't sure if it was a trade or just a dump but he's now a Twin. Not good news.

one of the best bullpens just got better. great move by them given their for a lefty out of the pen. he's still shaky as a closer.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
Love the morality argument. Do some people on here actually believe Manny is juicing right now? Because if he's not, then he isnt currently cheating, so the Sox winning has no negative connotations.

I just can't bring myself to care about that. So many players were cheating at one time or another that it's a moot point. I mean, I could see if Manny was roiding up NOW but there's no evidence available to us that he is, so really whatever.

I don't know why so many Sox fans on Facebook are losing their s*** over this... I mean f*** having a guy with a career average well over .300, gets on base 40% of the time, has 550-something career homers, and still plays at a high level. I could see criticizing him because he's an injury risk, but clubhouse cancer? Steroids? Come on now. He'd be on the team for all of a month if he doesn't get an extension and even that would be pretty short.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
I just can't bring myself to care about that. So many players were cheating at one time or another that it's a moot point. I mean, I could see if Manny was roiding up NOW but there's no evidence available to us that he is, so really whatever.

I don't know why so many Sox fans on Facebook are losing their s*** over this... I mean f*** having a guy with a career average well over .300, gets on base 40% of the time, has 550-something career homers, and still plays at a high level. I could see criticizing him because he's an injury risk, but clubhouse cancer? Steroids? Come on now. He'd be on the team for all of a month if he doesn't get an extension and even that would be pretty short.

I dont even care if he uses the clubhouse. Go DH, hit some bombs, drive in some runs, done.

Isn't the big question here whether or not he will demand an extension if he was to waive his NTC? There is no way I see the Sox resigning him next year, I am sure if they were planning on spending that kind of money on a FA they would just re up PK. No way does this deal get done if he wants another year

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:55 PM)
Isn't the big question here whether or not he will demand an extension if he was to waive his NTC? There is no way I see the Sox resigning him next year, I am sure if they were planning on spending that kind of money on a FA they would just re up PK. No way does this deal get done if he wants another year

I've never heard any whispers that that's the case. I think he knows that nobody is going to sign him to an extension right now, and just wants out of LA (and into Chicago).

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
I've never heard any whispers that that's the case. I think he knows that nobody is going to sign him to an extension right now, and just wants out of LA (and into Chicago).

Manny has told some sources he would and he's told some he wouldn't use the NTC to bargain for an extension - reported by Ken Rosenthal earlier today.

dylanohernandez #Manny looked excited when Blake went deep. Climbed to the top step of the dugout and pointed to some people in the stands.

8 minutes ago

dylanohernandez Maybe #Manny isn't going anywhere... #Dodgers

LA beat writer. I don't get it when they say they are going to wait to see if they are still in it, yet Manny sits? They have won two days in a row, hopeuly it becomes clear they can win without Manny.

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Aug 28, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
dylanohernandez #Manny looked excited when Blake went deep. Climbed to the top step of the dugout and pointed to some people in the stands.

8 minutes ago

dylanohernandez Maybe #Manny isn't going anywhere... #Dodgers

LA beat writer. I don't get it when they say they are going to wait to see if they are still in it, yet Manny sits? They have won two days in a row, hopeuly it becomes clear they can win without Manny.

The Dodgers are about the same amount of games out of the playoff hunt as we are, yet they want to dump Manny. Why, oh why, is that? Because he's not the kind of guy you want on your team for any extended period of time. We better not give up anybody good for this aging slacker.