White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:49 PM)
I have over 6000 f***ing posts , steve....that people celebrate mind you. There is awesomeness spread all throughout. At least 2 for every 800 upon my very complex calculations.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Pretty sure his plane lands 6AM tomorrow.

that's what they're saying. i'm just saying getting him a flight to CLE so he's there tonight and able to play tomorrow seems like a no-brainer, not that he should play tonight, although that would've been sweet. There's only about a flight an hour leaving LAX for Chicago, then a quick flight to CLE.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Why does manny have to cut his dreads when our closer waddles out there with a seemingly urine-soaked patch of filth that his face is growing off of

Wow. That has to be the grossest, most sickening post I've ever read.

Why do the Sox have to pay Manny til 2013? Does that mean he's with us next year?

Edited by greg775

Thinking back on all the times we had to face Manny...he was such a smart hitter. It wasnt all power and physical talents, he was so intelligent when it came to the knowledge of working a pitcher throughout the game and at-bats.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 07:10 PM)
Thinking back on all the times we had to face Manny...he was such a smart hitter. It wasnt all power and physical talents, he was so intelligent when it came to the knowledge of working a pitcher throughout the game and at-bats.

He reminds me a lot of Frank Thomas.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
that's what they're saying. i'm just saying getting him a flight to CLE so he's there tonight and able to play tomorrow seems like a no-brainer, not that he should play tonight, although that would've been sweet. There's only about a flight an hour leaving LAX for Chicago, then a quick flight to CLE.

Maybe Manny was taking a connecting flight from Sydney to LAX to Chicago? Could explain why he didn't show up yet, hopefully he didn't take flight 815. :-/

I don't understand how the deal is made official this afternoon, yet he won't be taking a flight until 6 AM tomorrow. How was he not put on a flight tonight? It's not like this trade came out of no where. It has been talked about for 3-4 days now. Real s***ty that we will have to waste 2 games. We are paying him $3.8M for 1 month, get him here in a timely fashion.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
I don't understand how the deal is made official this afternoon, yet he won't be taking a flight until 6 AM tomorrow. How was he not put on a flight tonight? It's not like this trade came out of no where. It has been talked about for 3-4 days now. Real s***ty that we will have to waste 2 games. We are paying him $3.8M for 1 month, get him here in a timely fashion.

Was there a physical involved,possibly? I dont know, I cant make sense of it.

QUOTE (IceCreamPants @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 06:53 PM)
Was there a physical involved,possibly? I dont know, I cant make sense of it.

Have the physical in Cleveland, or have a private plane ready for him. Seriously, if youre spending this much money on him you have to get the most out of him.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Have the physical in Cleveland, or have a private plane ready for him. Seriously, if youre spending this much money on him you have to get the most out of him.

Where's the sense of urgency with this organization? Every single game counts. Stop putzing around.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
This whole Manny v. Hitler commentary is ridiculous. They didn't even have fertility drugs back in Hitler's day. On the other hand, I have heard that the Fuehrer once left a deuce to ripen in the middle of his bunker.

Well, he sure left a mess of some kind in the bunker that I'm positive the maids didn't want to clean up.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)

Perhaps he has unfinished "business" to attend to. We will no doubt see a Web Gem of Manny leaving LA a steaming pile of his regard for them in the main concourse at LAX....

But seriously, you gotta love how this guy goes about his business.....

He's one of the most feared players in the business...

And I predict this will prove to be one of KW best business decisions......

Sorry this s**t writes itself....

I was actually hoping he would play tonight, especially as we have now blown yet another solid lead against yet another AAA caliber team.

Edited by 11and1

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Aug 30, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
So, again, what's the roster move for tomorrow.................................I still say Torres.

Considering that Jenks, Sale, and maybe Linebrink will be unavailable tommorrow, I think it would be tough to be down a pitcher.