White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I could not be mad or disappointed at KW he claimed him ad showed he knows this team needed the boost. Whether a trade gets worke out or not I'm not sure, but KW is in the clear.

IMO this gets done, the teams have been talking since Tuesday about a potential deal. La has plenty of comptent outfeilders. The save $ and get rod of Manram.

Sportscenter is now got it on te upoming ticker. It's next just in case ppl want to hear what they say.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
The ball is in Colletti's court. Now he needs to decide A.) if his team has a realistic shot at the playoffs and B.) If having Manny in the lineup improves their chances of making the playoffs. If Ned says yes to both then Manny's staying put. Unless KW has a very enticing trade offer on the table or has mastered the Jedi mind trick he doesn't have a whole lot of power in this situation.

The Dodger's recent wins have been almost entirely without Manny. Coletti is gonna move him to the White Sox.

QUOTE (tpezz27 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
The Dodgers might only be 5 games back but they are chasing 4 teams.

isn't it actually more than that since some of the races are so close that you kind of have to count the teams in 1st as well, because they would also have to start losing

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
The ball is in Colletti's court. Now he needs to decide A.) if his team has a realistic shot at the playoffs and B.) If having Manny in the lineup improves their chances of making the playoffs. If Ned says yes to both then Manny's staying put. Unless KW has a very enticing trade offer on the table or has mastered the Jedi mind trick he doesn't have a whole lot of power in this situation.

I'm banking on the fact that the Dodgers organization has soured on Manny as well as KW's and Colletti's seemingly good working relationship.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:42 PM)
BTW, can we officially call Heyman the worst twitter source for all things White Sox? His "the Sox no longer the favorite" like 30 mins before it's annouced the Sox WON the claim was embarrasing.

Rosenthal is the man with the best sources.

what made that worse was he went on to opine about how the Rangers were interested and acted like they were favorites, basically completely ignoring the waiver process

I agree, Mccourt is not going to pass up an opportunity to clear 4.5 mil. I think the defferrred moey makes the point even stronger cause he would be in the hook for 3.5 next year. This should get don't IMO, even if the Dodgers think they have a chance, they should know they can do it without manram seeing he's been out all season.

Finally the tell tale will be tonight IMO if he's in the lineup they may drag it out till Tuesday. I hope we get him by Sunday so he can dubut during my day!

I would think a deal has been at least discussed if not agreed upon via a "handshake". Let's hope it gets done quickly and Manny is playing soon. I'd love to see him this weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not until early next week.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:44 PM)
what made that worse was he went on to opine about how the Rangers were interested and acted like they were favorites, basically completely ignoring the waiver process

Warren the Ape is the Sh*t. LMAO at that bastard.

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
kenny is god of waivers??? having team in second place and then bad finish doesn't make you gods lol. A lot teams last year wouldn't even touch Rios contract

But look at Rios now. KW took a chance and it paid off.

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Warren the Ape is the Sh*t. LMAO at that bastard.

all the Greg the Bunny stuff is very good IMO, even the watered down Fox show, it's too bad it never really catches on, and it appears the new MTV show isn't either, very creative and funny stuff!