White Sox Acquire Manny Ramirez

Big Daddy Kool

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Come on haters. You're telling me that when Manny launches a 420 foot bomb to dead center, while giving it his patented stare, you won't be going bananas?

Slightly less so than for another player. Most fans have some players on their teams they like more than others - Manny will just happen to be my least favorite White Sox, and I'll hope that he helps us to the post-season this year, then leaves and never comes back after the season is over.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Come on haters. You're telling me that when Manny launches a 420 foot bomb to dead center, while giving it his patented stare, you won't be going bananas?

I remeber Joe Crede dropping an easy pop up and Manny hitting the next pitch about 400 feet to stright away left field. He crushes the ball in the cell and is as big a big game player as there is in baseball.

The other side benefit to all of this is that Jones, Kotsay, and Teahen are now pushed into the roles they are much better suited for, which is of course that of being bench players. And on the bench, be it back-up outfielders (Jones and Teahen) or back-up infielders (Kotsay and Teahen), and playing sporadically, they all of a sudden don't look so bad. No great shakes, of course, but not bad for a bench.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
That's where we differ, chw. Win and do it with class.

As far as Jenks post. Take your ball and go home. That's such an easy argument. It's not that simple. I said I'd boo him once, then grudgingly root for him helping us win and feel dirty doing so. He wouldn't be the reason we won it all if we did win it all; it would take a lot more than Manny.

He'll be embraced early; who in LA is talking about Mannywood now? They want that bum long gone! Just as we will if he's here long enough.

I've been a Sox fan a long time. Just because they add one bum doesn't mean I have to burn my jersey and hat.

Then don't call it a f***ing disgrace to the team. If you honestly think only a handful of guys were juicing and none were Sox players then you're naive as s***, the entire era is tainted and you can't really argue against that.

They aren't talking about mannywood because he's been hurt. If he was hitting 350 and taking them to the playoffs, they'd be talking about him. They aren't going to the playoffs and he hasn't played much this year.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
I remeber Joe Crede dropping an easy pop up and Manny hitting the next pitch about 400 feet to stright away left field. He crushes the ball in the cell and is as big a big game player as there is in baseball.

I was at that game and remember just as well. Tied in the 9th and that was the game winner, ball left the park in a hurry.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)

I was at that game, ultimately we got revenge a few months later and the season ended pretty well too

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
I was at that game and remember just as well. Tied in the 9th and that was the game winner, ball left the park in a hurry.

Was there as well. I remember saying to one of my buddies(might have been someone from here) "you can't give Manny Ramirez an extra swing," and boom.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
I find it so ironic that you want the Sox to win with class yet you are so in love with Ozzie. Most fans outside of Chicago would call him a classless jerk.

Bobby Jenks was also quite the classy individual before we gave him his 2nd chance.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
Was there as well. I remember saying to one of my buddies(might have been someone from here) "you can't give Manny Ramirez an extra swing," and boom.

Exactly the same thing here. You knew that ball was gone immediately from the sound, and it cleared the fence in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
I find it so ironic that you want the Sox to win with class yet you are so in love with Ozzie. Most fans outside of Chicago would call him a classless jerk.

Are you serious? They call Ozzie a classless jerk? I have seen NO EVIDENCE of that besides Moronotti.

Fans in Kansas City I talk to love Ozzie.

What has he done to be deemed a classless jerk? Are you fricking serious?

Ozzie says f*** a lot ... so do a lot of managers.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
The other side benefit to all of this is that Jones, Kotsay, and Teahen are now pushed into the roles they are much better suited for, which is of course that of being bench players. And on the bench, be it back-up outfielders (Jones and Teahen) or back-up infielders (Kotsay and Teahen), and playing sporadically, they all of a sudden don't look so bad. No great shakes, of course, but not bad for a bench.

Hopefulyl it means Kotsay is just gone entirely, with Teahen rotating through RF, DH and maybe the corners to get his LH bat in the lineup regularly. Jones as the true backup OF, Lillibridge the equivalent IF. That's the ideal. We'll see if that is what they do.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
Are you serious? They call Ozzie a classless jerk? I have seen NO EVIDENCE of that besides Moronotti.

The anti-gay rants aren't a good start?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
To Sox fans.

There's been no outrage over Ozzie's statement about that, except on here.

It didn't make headlines.

Because the media and fans know "Ozzie is Ozzie."

I think Ozzie is class. Prove to me otherwise.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)

I'm just sayin'... maybe somebody needs a nap.

No need to vent steam from your ears because someone dared to call Ozzie a classless jerk. You're going to blow a gasket.