Athletics (Braden 5-7, 3.77) @ White Sox (Danks 11-7, 3.23)

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To those going to the game...Make sure to leave very, very early. It took me 3.5 hours(got there at 8pm) to get to yesterday's game because traffic was the worst I have ever seen it. Normally it would take about 2 hours with bad traffic. Tonite may be a little better, but Bon Jovi and the Blackhawks convention are still in town which is a big part of why it was so bad yesterday.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)
I'd hate to see Kotsay's bat cool off though.

Wow. He's actually hitting .154 than the break. And .097 for his last 8. That's impressive.

We need to hook him up with Manny's trainer.

Oh, then I should have left my post saying it's obvious Kotsay will play against righties every single game and that's just a fact. Fathom, you are a smart guy, why do you waste the mental energy thinking Castro should or could play more than he has? AJ is the starting catcher and that's a fact for the rest of this season. He'll catch all the days except when Freddy pitches and/or AJ needs a day off. No way in hell Oz is going to reduce AJ's role. It will not happen this season.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:06 PM)
Oh, then I should have left my post saying it's obvious Kotsay will play against righties every single game and that's just a fact. Fathom, you are a smart guy, why do you waste the mental energy thinking Castro should or could play more than he has? AJ is the starting catcher and that's a fact for the rest of this season. He'll catch all the days except when Freddy pitches and/or AJ needs a day off. No way in hell Oz is going to reduce AJ's role. It will not happen this season.

Ozzie said in the postgame after friday that he will now be forced to play Ramon more,like this weekend. He will start tomorrow(day game after a nite game) and then in a game on Tues in the doubleheader vs Detroit.

Castro will play more until his bat cools off,but AJ will still get at least 60% of the starts.

It seems odd, then that Castro didn't start yesterday or today vs. lefties if his workload is increasing. Tomorrow's start is not surprising and he should start one of the DH games obviously.

Also I thought Oz's quote was pretty standard like, "Castro is making it hard for me not to play him." That's a good way of pumping up Castro and lighting a competitive fire in AJ w/out pissing him off too much.

Edited by greg775